Alberta Moose Hunting
Alberta Moose Hunting
Certain regions of Alberta are known for having some of the highest moose densities in North America.
Why you should consider moose hunting in Alberta:
- Super high moose populations. In some areas you can see 20-30 moose a day!
- A long season, going from mid-September through November.
- Moose hunting in Alberta can be physically easy, and fun.
- A good choice for bowhunters.
- Resident hunters are on a limited draw.
- Average bull size is 45 to 50 inches, but 55″ to 60″ bulls are a possibility.
- Our outfitters have a 90-95% opportunity rate.
- A wolf is a real possibility in some areas.
Canada Moose Hunts in Alberta
Remote, cabin-based Canada moose hunting in Alberta.
Ten day moose hunts where you will be hunting from a remote camp accessed via Argos (possibly snow machines if there is snow). Although they are remote, the camps are modern with hot showers, cooks and camp helpers. Early season rut hunts are concentrated near lakes and creeks with calling being the preferred method.
“Easy” Farmland hunts in the Peace River Region
This Alberta moose hunt has become an excellent chance for hunters to harvest a good bull for a good price.
This hunt is not known for its excessive difficulty, in fact this hunt is fairly easy as the bulls are spotted in fields and the hunter and guide stalk into shooting range to harvest the bull. If you’re looking for a hardcore hunt this is not the hunt for you. However, if you are looking for a high success moose hunt with an excellent guide, then this hunt would work well for you! Due to a resident draw system that was introduced in 1999 the quantity and quality of these bulls has grown very well.
- This is an “easy” hunt in the Canola and oat fields of the Peace River Region
- Success rates are high with opportunity being 100%.
- Spot and stalk
- Guiding is all done 1×1.
- 5 Day hunt
- Archery hunts are from late August to early September
- Rifle hunts are from late September to early October
- Regulations allow for good quality bulls
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
I had a great trip, a great moose hunt, and shot a fantastic bull. Josh, Connor, and D.J. were excellent, I didn’t want to leave, it was like leaving old friends. The place we stayed in was super nice, and the meals great. I can’t wait to go back.
I hunted four days in some tough country for my mountain goat. Thank goodness I started preparing a full 60 days before the hunt. Probably should have started even sooner. Moose hunting was not very strenuous and we got my moose the first day we went out for him. Boone and Crockett 206 inches. Awesome experience shooting him at 20 yards after calling him in for 20 minutes.
The outfitters were straight up honest hunting guys. They all tried very hard and the hunt was perfect. Our cabin was clean and warm, the food was excellent and we always seem to have a pot of good coffee brewing,. We even had a hot water shower every night. I shot an awesome bear on day five and a supper moose on day 7. If I were ever going moose hunting again, I go with this outfitter.
I shot my bull at 20 yds with a bow, we stared at each other for 25 mins before I got him to offer me a shot, just be patient and let things unfold. The brush was thick and close encounters with moose were the norm, not the exception.