We have some great moose hunting in Alberta, Canada.
- Super high moose populations. In some areas you can see 20-30 moose a day!
- A long season, going from mid-September through November.
- Moose hunting in Alberta can be physically easy, and fun.
- A good choice for bowhunters.
- Alberta residents have a low quota draw, and our outfitters have very limited non-resident outfitter tags.
- Average bull size is 45 to 50 inches, but 55″ to 60″ bulls are a possibility.
- Our outfitters have a 90-95% opportunity rate.
- A wolf is a real possibility in some areas.
ALBERTA, WESTERN CANADA MOOSE HUNTS:
Remote, Cabin-based Hunts
These are ten day Alberta moose hunting trips from a remote camp accessed via Argos, and/or snow machines if there is snow. Although they are remote, the camps are modern with hot showers, cooks and camp helpers.
Early season rut hunts are concentrated near lakes and creeks with calling being the preferred method.
- Mid-September through November
- Average bull size is 45 to 50 inches, but 55″ to 60″ bulls are a possibility
- 90-95% Opportunity rate
- 70% Success
- Wolf and fishing licenses are included
Peace River Country Farm Hunts
This Alberta moose hunt gives hunters an excellent chance for hunters to harvest a good bull for a better price.
- This is an “easy” hunt in the Canola and oat fields of the Peace River Region.
- Success rates are high with opportunity being 100%.
- Spot and stalk.
- Guiding is all done 1×1.
- 5 Day hunt.
- Archery hunts are from late August to early September.
- Rifle hunts are from late September to early October.
- Due to a resident draw system that was introduced in 1999 the quantity and quality of these bulls has grown very well.
This hunt is not known for its excessive difficulty, in fact this hunt is fairly easy. You’ll typically spot bulls in the fields from the road, and then stalk into shooting range to harvest the bull. If you’re looking for a hardcore hunt this is not the hunt for you. However, if you are looking for a high success moose hunt with an excellent guide, then this hunt would work well for you!
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
This is the only place I’ve ever hunted where it’s possible to see trophy black bear, moose, whitetail, mule deer and elk all in the same field. Amazing!
The outfitters were straight up honest hunting guys. They all tried very hard and the hunt was perfect. Our cabin was clean and warm, the food was excellent and we always seem to have a pot of good coffee brewing,. We even had a hot water shower every night. I shot an awesome bear on day five and a supper moose on day 7. If I were ever going moose hunting again, I go with this outfitter.
If you’re looking for a great moose hunt, get ahold of Outdoors International. I’ve never been more appreciative of a company and the knowledge they share to put together this hunt for my dad and I. Thanks for everything!