A Texas hog hunt is inexpensive but really fun time.
You’ll almost always be hunting over feeders, over water, or in farm fields. The number of hogs you can take is limited only by opportunity and how well you can shoot.
- Our outfitters in Texas have high populations of wild boars on their ranches.
- High success rates are the norm, but not guaranteed. Sometimes wild boars go nocturnal. but luckily you can hunt at night in Texas.
- We highly suggest that you combo your Texas hog hunt with javelina, predators, wild turkeys (in the spring), exotics, and/or whitetail deer.
HOG HUNTS OFFERED BY OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
Typical Texas Hog Hunt
Outfitters: COA6, COA9
Hog and predator hunting are both becoming more and more popular, and Texas has the best of both. Both a Texas hog hunt as well as predator hunting can be done year round, but as we hit the summer months we do the bulk of our hunting at night. We tend to sleep in the mornings and hunt the evenings, all night, and into the early parts of the morning.
You will hunt hogs over feeders with lights, or spotlights were possible, and with thermal and infrared scopes. What makes this Texas hog hunt different from all the rest is the outfitter makes sure that you are set up way ahead of time, with the blinds and feeders that draw the hogs.
This is a totally customizable hunt.
We can set up a do it yourself hunt that includes lodging, OR put together an all inclusive hunt with five star accommodations.
- Typically three solid days of hunting with meals and lodging.
- Hunt hogs over feeders with thermal and infrared scopes.
- Call coyotes, foxes and bobcats.
- Unlimited Hogs *must take the meat
- Unlimited Coyotes and Fox
- Bobcats (Trophy Fee)
- Unlimited Rattlesnakes.
- This hunt can be Semi-Guided, or Fully Guided.
Texas Helicopter Hog Hunt
We think this is the best helicopter hog hunting experience in Texas. (It’s also the most affordable.)
With access to up to six full-time helicopters, they can tailor almost any group size for a top notch heli-hog hunt. Their full time pilots are the best in the business with a safety first attitude, 35+ years of flying experience and tens of thousands of logged flight hours. The helicopters are well maintained, and you can rest assured that they’ll put you on the hogs every time.
Our outfitter has over 2 million acres of leased land in Central Texas and has the highest per-hour harvest rate in the industry!
- Hunt millions of leased acres.
- LOTS of pigs and high success is the norm. On a good outing, you can shoot over 200 hogs!
- Excellent safety record.
- Lower pricing than the rest of the heli-hunting industry.
- All guns and 2500 rounds of ammunition are included. We will supply you with the highest grade AR-15s and AK-47’s with suppressors and optics. For clients who wish to bring their own, please inquire about the requirements as safety is our top priority.
Some things to consider on your Texas Hog Hunt
Texas is Crawling with Predators
Texas is crawling with coyotes, foxes and bobcats. The thick brush is perfect habitat for both predators and prey, and there are plenty of both. When predator hunting, you can expect to do lots of calling with both mouth calls and electronic calls. These are some of the smartest animals we hunt and if you are up for a challenge, then this one’s for you. You are not limited to how many predators you can shoot, however, bobcats do have an added trophy fee.
Spring is time to hunt Rio Grande wild turkeys in Texas, so why not throw one into your hog hunt.
Our Texas wild turkey hunts are for two birds (Rio Grande), and you can also shoot some pigs too…and you can expect to run across lots of those. These two bird hunts include meals, lodging and the hunt, and the outfitter spends lots of time feeding, scouting and running trail cameras on the ranches so you can be assured you’ll find some birds while you’re hunting turkeys in Texas.
If you choose to go the unguided, DIY route, a guide will drive you around the ranch before your hunt beings. Landmarks, such as creek beds and/or fences will be pointed out to define your borders.This can be fully guided, or an unguided turkey hunt.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what kind of trip you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.