September 14th-27th, 2019
Our self guided fly-in moose hunt started a day late because of bad weather but it only took six days for all three of us to fill up on big bulls. Having the right gear and hunting companions is a necessity on a trip like this.
Over the course of the first six days we saw 19 bull moose of which eight were legal. We stayed close to camp and let the bulls come into our calling and had the most luck with raking. I wanted to get it done with the bow and if I was a little more patient I think of would of but still very happy with one I shot with my rifle.
It was a self guided hunt but we were dropped into an area with a lot of moose sign which turned into a lot of moose encounters. We saw 19 bulls and eight legal ones. Our transporter did a great job of flying in and out with our trophies. The guy was always in a good mood and sincerely excited for our success.
Being the outfitter and pilot ties the whole trip’s success to his success.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were good.
My consultant was Patrick Kissel.
My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Pat was very responsive and accurate with his communications regarding the trip. He described their process of vetting the outfitters and Casey didn’t let him down. I think to truly have a great hunt you need to work with a consultant with a wide range of hunting and fishing experience. This way they can lead you down the right path and maximize your adventure which for me was a self guided Alaskan moose hunt.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes