Angler: Matt Pember
Date: January 7, 2022
Trip Taken: Mexico Offshore Fishing Lodge
Consultant: Todd Osborn | Outdoors International
On a lark, I booked my wife and I for this Mexico fishing trip in late 2020. I figured it would be a trip mostly for me and that Jodi would not care for the long days and quiet reels that come with pelagic fishing. Well, I was wrong. This quickly become her favorite trip ever and we booked for January 2022 as soon as we got home.
This year’s trip was even better than the first.
In four days on the water, we caught 8 great sized sailfish, 6 dorados (4 of which were monsters), 3 roosterfish in the 30-50 pounds range, and a smattering of bonito and other fish. One day the reel would not stop going off – 8 fish. I’ve fished for billfish in Venezuela and Cape Verde and this was easily the best day I’ve ever had pelagic fishing.
The food and hospitality at the lodge are second to none and the lodge itself is better than one would expect for a small Mexican fishing village – there’s no day spa, but there are clean rooms to sleep in and comfortable lounging areas.
I would highly recommend this trip for couples or groups of friends, or anyone who wants to have a few good days on the water bill fishing. Jodi and I have already started the booking process for 2023.Get More Information About This Trip
- How would you rate your trip overall? Great
- How were your guide(s)? Great
- How was your lodging? Great
- How was the food? Great
- How was your outfitters communication? Great
- How physically demanding was your trip? Easy
- How would you rate your consultant? Great
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.