Josh Whitney, DIY Drop Moose Hunt Report
The weather was very hot this year and that seemed to keep the action down but even with hot weather, as a group we managed 3 good bulls.
We used our own gear and went unguided. Over all the hunt was great. FYI tell your customers to use Brown Slough B&B. The place we stayed at on arrival was clean and nice but the second place was more of a traditional B&B. You were treated like part of the family and breakfast was waiting for you.
The communication was great leading up to the moose hunt, but during the hunt the guy running the outfitters office (Mark, I believe was his name), not the owner, was horrible about communication. In the pre-hunt meeting he told everyone that he would reply to text and say when they were getting meat. All three of our moose he replied “ok” to them being ready for pick up, and said he would let us know when they were coming to get it. He never did. This forced someone to be at camp all the time watching the inReach, instead of being out enjoying the hunt with the guys that hadn’t tagged out. A simple text doesn’t seem that hard. Nate (the pilot) was great to work with on the other hand, and was always busting his butt to get stuff loaded as fast as he could.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was terrible.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Call to Book Your Adventure
We’ll help you choose the best trip for your budget and goals.