Jay Cox, Idaho Archery Elk Hunt Report
Hunter: Jay Cox
Date: September, 2017
It finally happened! The bull came charging in bugling and sent a shiver down my spine.
He wasn’t stopping so I buried my 40 yard pin and let the arrow fly. I hit a little high and back but hoped I had caught lung. We waited……. then started tracking and 150 yards later, I laid my hands on an Idaho bull elk.
This has been the most physically and mentally challenging hunt I have ever experienced. The terrain is beautiful yet unforgiving. The weather is completely unpredictable and harsh. We walked miles in cold, wet, and sometimes completely frozen boots at elevations ranging from 6,500 to 9,500 feet. At times my mind and body told me to give up but my heart wouldn’t let me. I kept hiking, kept believing, and kept hunting. In the end, I have experienced an adventure that I will remember forever. The days spent in the Idaho mountains are a constant learning experience that I will cherish forever.
- How would your rate this hunt? FIVE STARS – My Idaho adventure was all I thought it would be and more!
- How likely will you be to refer friends to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication? Good
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent
- How would you rate the lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? Excellent
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- Were you happy with the overall experience? It was everything and more I hoped it would be.
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Extremely Difficult
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? No. The outfitter tailored the hunt to exactly what I wanted.
- How likely would you be to refer OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- Who was your Agent? Russ Meyer
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How was your agent’s post-hunt follow up? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent
- How would you rate your agent? FIVE STARS – My agent was amazing
- What would you like to see us offer or do more of or do differently? Referral discounts
- Will you book another trip with us in the future? Why, or Why Not? Yes. Russ was very knowledgeable as to what the different outfitters offered and recommended the perfect hunt.