Idaho Sheep Hunt in the Frank Church Wilderness Area
Do to the remote nature of the Frank Church Wilderness Area, these are some of the “easiest” sheep tags to draw in North America. The hunting units include 26, 26L, 27L and 20A. This Outfitter is a great choice for hunters who buy the Idaho Auction Tag as well.
- This Idaho sheep hunt is in the heart of the rutting and wintering area.
- The Frank Church Wilderness Area is very remote.
- All of these Idaho sheep hunting units are wilderness fly-in hunts.
- You’ll hunt from horseback and on foot.
- Rams range in size from 160 to 180+ inches. Some true monsters have been taken on this hunt over the years.
- Sheep numbers are on the increase in these units.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
The Frank Church is an incredible wilderness area, this outfitter is amazing, and this Idaho sheep hunt is really good. To top it all off, it’s not crazy hard to draw this tag. These Idaho bighorn sheep hunts are the real thing… the unmatched landscapes of the Frank Church Wilderness Area, pack in on horseback, camping out, spot-and-stalk hunting, experienced guides and outstanding meals.
Idaho Sheep Hunting Units 26, 26L, 27L and 20A
All of these units are wilderness fly-in hunts. The application numbers can change annually so be sure to check the Idaho Fish & Game website, for the current 4-digit unit number. You must apply during the month of April. Sheep hunts vary from the time of year you can hunt, the toughness of terrain, access, drawing odds and more.
This outfitter absolutely loves his sheep hunting!
- You will be well taken care of as Sheep hunting is this outfitters passion. Guiding is done either 2 guides per hunter or 1:1 depending on your option.
- Transportation will include hiking, and horse.
- All accommodations will be taken care of by the outfitter and include tent camping as this is a true wilderness hunt.
- Camp may move a few times during your hunt while you search for a good ram.
- Meals range from homestyle-type cooking if you’re down in basecamp, to Mountain House if you’re spiking out. You won’t go hungry.
- You will spend a lot of time glassing.
If you wish to sheep hunt, let us know now and we will in turn provide you with a reminder and information when the drawing time draws near. This is very special hunt and should be considered by anyone who calls himself a hunter, at least once before you retire the boots and rifle.Get pricing and availability
Ask about Trip #OI-IWC3