White Mountain Apache Bear Hunting
- World class black bear hunting with extremely high percentage of color phase bears.
- You’ll be hunting the famous White Mountain Apache Reservation in eastern/central Arizona.
- Western style wall tent camp, with camp trailers available if special accommodations are desired.
- Full time cook excellent food.
- Guaranteed tags.
- Two bears per hunter.
- Spring Hunts – May 1 through August 31. (The May and June dates have excellent weather in the 7,000 ft elevation Ponderosa mountains of Arizona.)
- Fall Hunts – October 10 through November 15.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
This outfitter has been operating White Mountain Apache bear hunting since 1982, producing an impressive number of Boone and Crockett black bears. Tags are purchased by the outfitter from the Tribal Game and Fish Department. Each hunter may purchase up to two tags per year, and there can be up to four hunters in camp per week.
Specializing in trophy quality black bear hunting.
The White Mountain Apache Nation is home to some of the premier black bear hunting in the world. Known for having large color phase bears, the Tribal biologist estimates that 50% of all the bears on the Reservation are color phase. For this specific hunting unit, we believe this number to be even higher!
You truly have free reign to choose to hunt however you wish, and the outfitter will cater to your wants and needs.
- The outfitter has highly trained hounds that excel year round on both mountain lion and black bear.
- You can hunt over bait sites, with either a rifle or a bow.
- You can spot-and-stalk, or sit water in the hot summer months.
For the spring/summer hunting season, each outfitter is assigned their own area. This outfitter operates in Area 1. Arizona has strived to manage the bear population in this unit to produce old mature boars. It is the goal to have a sow harvest percentage of less than 10% annually. They have met that goal yearly, without fail.
For pricing or more information about White Mountain Apache Bear Hunting, contact us.
Ask About Hunt #OI-MMRR1