Tyler Crockett, Unguided Moose Hunt Report
Sept 13-23, 2015
The moose hunting was slow on our unguided hunt, maybe due to late rut. I shot my bull the day after we were suppose to be picked up from camp. Pack out was easy, no doubt. A location of where we were going to be dropped so we could pre scout the area would have been great. Communication with the outfitter during the hunt was not good.
I was not told by the outfitter that we would be in a swamp and I did not take proper waders. While waiting on the beaver plane to drop me for two days nobody with [the outfitter] mentioned the waders I had were insufficient even after seeing them. Be sure to ask the guys at Outdoors International what you should know before booking your self guided Alaska moose hunt.
My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes