Eurasian Brown Bear in Croatia
Eurasian Brown Bear Hunt in Croatia
Keep Croatia in mind for Eurasian brown bear hunting. Hunting in Europe is typically is less expensive than North America with a higher success rate. This is a different spin on brown bear hunting with a higher success rate than most hunts in North America. You should definitely give it some consideration.
A Gold Medal Brown Bear is a Real Possibility
With a growing population, Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%! The trophies earned in recent years prove the exceptional quality of these bears, with fur quality values often surpassing 350 CIC points. In Europe, they use the CIC System which is a sliding trophy scale. Average bears square 6.5 to 8.5 feet (300-350 CIC) on this hunt. 400-500 CIC point bears are possible weighing over 640 pounds (300kg) and over nine feet (2.75 m) in length are possible. The Croatian Record bear is 525.89 CIC points.
Croatia is also officially recognized by CITES, and for that reason exporting your trophy is no hassle.
This is a Baited Brown Bear Hunt
Brown bear hunts in Croatia are done either during the spring or fall from tall, closed and comfortable “high seats” over bait. Sometimes there are some spot and stalk opportunities, but we recommend hunting bait as it is more successful. Bears regularly come to feed on carcasses, so the success of this hunt is almost guaranteed, of course, given the Goddess Diana smiles upon you. *You will sometimes hunt at night, which is legal in Croatia.
Quick Facts about this Hunt:
- Eurasian brown bear hunts are very similar, and are about the same size to North American grizzly bears.
- Guides are very professional game managers and very knowledgeable hunters.
- Success rates over 90%, with 100% opportunity.
- A gold medal Eurasian brown bear is a realistic possibility.
- Easy transport of trophy. Croatia is recognized by CITES so exporting your trophy is not an issue.
- Spring and fall hunts are available. Spring hunts run March through April, and fall hunts are October through December.
- Lodging is in comfortable, rural homes. Food is simple, but excellent.
- Success rates over 90%, with 100% opportunity
Add-Ons to your Eurasian Brown Bear Hunt:
- Fallow buck on Plavnik Island
- Dalmation Wild Sheep (SCI)
- Wild Boar on Plavnik Island are FREE!
- Wild, native Mouflon sheep are open all year.
- Chamois are available September through January.
- Red Stag are available September through January.
- Wolves are also available for a combo on your brown bear hunt.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy hunt bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
Overall the trip was great. Bear hunting was great, and a little fishing as a bonus. Harvested a nice bear.
The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot 3 Bears in one night. One Brown and two Black Bears. I then shot a third Black Bear on the last night.
Hunting with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!
I have to say up front that this Vessel-Based Alaska black bear hunt was one of the most awesome hunting trips I have ever been on.
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best bear hunt for your budget and goals.