Brad Wiley, Scottish Stag Hunt Report
September 24-29, 2018
Three stags between the two of us. First day was very physically challenging, though we got two stags in the same day. Second day of our stag hunt was less rigorous, and was a great hunt having to wait 45 mins for the stag to stand up. All three were respectable stags, though I would have appreciated knowing sooner that we were not “trophy” hunting for the largest beast on the hill. While I booked six days of hunting, I felt pressured to tag out as soon as possible. I would have liked the opportunity to “hunt” each day and choose myself which stag and when to end the hunt.
- Overall, my trip was great.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair. I never met the main outfitter, only the stalkers. I would have appreciated more communication about getting the cape and antlers home.
- Stalkers were very good at finding and stalking stags.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food and accommodations were good. Hunting lodge was in a great location and was spacious. Only complaint is that dinner wasn’t served until 8-9pm, and with jet lag and long days hunting, these late dinners didn’t end until after 10pm.
- I would recommend this hunt to others.
My consultant was Mat Cervantes
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes