HUNTER: Brad Wiley
HUNT TAKEN: Scotland Red Stag Hunt
CONSULTANT: Mat with Outdoors International
September 24-29, 2018
Scottish Stag Hunt Report by Brad Wiley
Three stags between the two of us. First day was very physically challenging, though we got two stags in the same day. Second day of our stag hunt was less rigorous, and was a great hunt having to wait 45 mins for the stag to stand up. All three were respectable stags, though I would have appreciated knowing sooner that we were not “trophy” hunting for the largest beast on the hill. While I booked six days of hunting, I felt pressured to tag out as soon as possible. I would have liked the opportunity to “hunt” each day and choose myself which stag and when to end the hunt.
- Overall, my trip was great.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair. I never met the main outfitter, only the stalkers. I would have appreciated more communication about getting the cape and antlers home.
- Stalkers were very good at finding and stalking stags.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food and accommodations were good. Hunting lodge was in a great location and was spacious. Only complaint is that dinner wasn’t served until 8-9pm, and with jet lag and long days hunting, these late dinners didn’t end until after 10pm.
- I would recommend this hunt to others.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner