I had a good antelope hunt.
I drew a Colorado hybrid pronghorn hunt for units 3 and 301, and Kyle booked me with an OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL’s Approved Outfitter. My guide Grant did a great job trying to find me a good buck. We looked at 300+ antelope the first day! We saw lots of bucks but none over 75 inches. On day two after driving through all the unit and not seeing any larger bucks I decided to take this buck, which was representative of the larger bucks we were seeing.
I had my dad along on the hunt and it was a memorable experience.
The lodge was great and food was wonderful. The staff was great and friendly. We just wish we would have seen a few bigger bucks.
Kyle’s communication before, during and after the trip was good. I wish I knew we were not going to see any bucks over 75 inches. It may have been weather and lack of rain for horn growth this year…But when you are told that the majority of the clients kill 75 inch bucks in this hunt, and we didn’t even see one that big, it was a bit of a let down.
- How was your overall experience? Overall, my hunt in Colorado was a great experience.
- How was your outfitter’s communication before, during and after the hunt? Good.
- How was your guide? Good.
- How difficult was the trip physically? Easy.
- How was the food? Good.
- How were the accommodations? Good.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes. It was a very nice group to work with.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes