Hunter: Ryan Grunkemeyer
Date: August 13-20, 2021
Trip Taken: Unguided Caribou Drop Hunt
Consultant: Russ Meyer | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
Dream hunt of a lifetime in the books here!
We did get a little bummed off the start as we were delayed (2) days due to bad weather. We did finally get into the field on Sunday, 8/15. Caribou and bear spotted above from our flight in. We set up camp and glassed and came across about 8 caribou. We ventured back to camp, got some rest and went back out to find another group. Our 1st true/legal hunting day (3) of us had all seperate hunts. Two with rifle and another with bow. We then had our hands full with packing them out!
The 2nd legal hunting day we spotted a group of (3) caribou that we managed to stock and our 4th and final hunter tagged out. We also ran into about 15 grizzly bear on our trip!! To top it off we caught some tasty lake trout and cooked them over a fire and had a little fish fry!
- How would you rate your trip overall? Overall, my trip was a great experience. I would highly recommend this transporter.
- How were your guide(s)? NA.
- How was your food and lodging? Good.
- How was your outfitters communication? Good.
- How physically demanding was your trip? Moderate.
- How would you rate your consultant? Wish Russ was a little more responsive via email, phone and text. Overall not bad.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes. – @rgrunk
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Please be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.