Travis Browne, Archery BC Black Bear Hunt Report
May 16-23, 2019
Had a great time black bear hunting, our guide Danielle was great to work with. Let us get out and stretch our legs and allowed us to get some real bow hunting in! The group in camp was a riot (in a good way), and a fun time to get to know. The food was decent, a couple of bad meals but then there were a couple of good ones too.
There were a couple of issues I felt could have been handled differently by [the outfitter], as there was some tension after these happened. Since this a vacation I was bummed it happened, since we’re all there to have a great time not argue or cause drama. I also witnessed some arguments between [the outfitter] and an employee I feel should’ve been handled in private. But overall the trip was fun and the hunting was fun.
I didn’t get the info email letting me know what was needed from the outfitter until I asked Russ about it and he sent me the packing list the same day.
- Overall, my trip was good.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were fair.
*After a series of bad reviews for this hunt, this outfitter has been removed from our directory.
I hunted with Russ. He is knowledgeable about hunting but could use a little more OTJT (on the job training) LOL!!!
My consultant was Old Balls aka Dad aka Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Knowledgeable about hunting but could use a little more OTJT (on the job training lol not sure if that’s abbreviated correctly)
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Call to Book Your Adventure
We’ll help you choose the best trip for your budget and goals.