HUNTER: Travis Browne
HUNT: British Columbia Black Bear Hunt
CONSULTANT: Russ Meyer, Outdoors International
May 16-23, 2019
Had a great time black bear hunting, our guide Danielle was great to work with. Let us get out and stretch our legs and allowed us to get some real bow hunting in! The group in camp was a riot (in a good way), and a fun time to get to know. The food was decent, a couple of bad meals but then there were a couple of good ones too. The bear hunting was great.
- Overall, my trip was good. There were a couple of issues I felt could have been handled differently by the Outfitter, as there was some tension after these happened. Since this a vacation I was bummed it happened, since we’re all there to have a great time not argue or cause drama. I also witnessed some arguments between and an employee I feel should’ve been handled in private. But overall the trip was fun and the hunting was fun.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair. I didn’t get the info email from the Outfitter letting me know what was needed until I asked Russ about it and he sent me the packing list the same day.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were fair.
- My Outdoors International Hunting Consultant Russ Meyer, AKA “Old Balls” is knowledgeable about hunting but could use a little more OTJT *On-The-Job-Training LOL (Not sure if that’s abbreviated correctly).
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner