Hunter: Randy Lalim
Date: September, 2016
Trip Taken: Colorado Archery Elk Hunt
Consultant: Mat Cervantes | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
The weather in Colorado was a little warm and the full moon had the elk not quite as active as they should of been during the rut. The lodge was awesome, and so were the guides. We saw elk every day and had opportunities on smaller elk early in the hunt. Came close to a couple bigger bulls, including a bull that would have gone around 350 on the last two days, but couldn’t get a shot. We saw a ton of wild turkeys, might have to come back for those in the Spring.Get More Information
- How likely will you be to refer friends to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication ? Good
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent
- How would you rate the lodging? Poor. I know the lodging wasn’t their fault as they lost their lease and had to scramble to get accommodations ready for the hunt.
- How would you rate the food? Good
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? NA
- Were you happy with the overall experience? FOUR STARS – It was a great hunt. Other than the lodging, everything was good.
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Difficult
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? I believe they will do what it takes to make improvements each year to make the hunt a 5 star hunt. Right now I believe the hunt is a little over-priced for the accommodations and very hard to manage the elk herd to grow quality elk when they are moving from lease to lease.
- How were your conversations with your OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL Hunting Consultant? FOUR STARS – My agent did a good job.
- How was your Consultant’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How was your Consultant’s post-hunt follow up? Good
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your Consultant? Excellent
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? I probably will
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.