Wyoming Mule Deer Hunting
Wyoming Mule Deer Hunting
Wyoming mule deer hunting continues to be some of the best in the country. From backcountry drop camps, to plush lodges, and everything in between!
Luckily there are still a few places where you can escape the crowds and pit yourself and your hunting skills against nature as opposed to other hunters. One of those places is Wyoming. If you’re not applying for mule deer in Wyoming, you’re missing out…but we have some options for you with little or no points. Our backcountry outfitter has solid success year over year on good bucks at an affordable price. If you want a more plush experience, we have a beautiful Wyoming lodge hunt.
Mule Deer Hunts in Wyoming
One of our favorite mule deer hunts is from a 5-star lodge on an 8,000 acre ranch in Wyoming.
These trophy mule deer hunts are on private ranches in Wyoming, and have a nearly 100% success for rifle hunters and archery hunts are 65% (some years our bowhunters are pushing 80% success on this great hunt). It’s one of our favorite mule deer hunts to book our hunters on, it can be incredible, especially on private ground. We’d love to help you book this hunt.
*YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR THIS TAG! However, with just one point, drawing is almost guaranteed.
We can help you out with the application process. If you don’t draw, you can roll your deposit over to the next year, or we do have another option on a guaranteed ranch in Utah. *Must apply by the end of May.
The 8,000 square foot lodge sits in the middle of 100 square miles of wilderness, two hours from Salt Lake,and is surrounded by trees, streams and fishing ponds. Amenities 11 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, and 3 great rooms and many other accouterments. This hunt is a great option for corporate groups.
- 5 star, high end hunt from a lodge with 11 rooms, one hour and 45 minutes from the Salt Lake City airport.
- Amazing chef and food.
- Lot’s of bucks! Opportunity rate is nearly 100% for both rifle and bowhunters! Bowhunters have great success on some stomper mulies on these ranches! You can expect multiple stalks daily. Success rates for archery are around 65% and rifle is 95+%.
- The average bucks taken on these hunts are 160 to 180 inches, with the chance at a real monster over 200″.
- Level 2 out of 5, physically. Expect to do a lot of glassing, spot-and-stalk, and maybe even sitting on waterholes. You’ll be hunting from side-by-sides and pickups, and stalking bucks you spot from there.
- This makes a great corporate hunt.
- Make it a combo mule deer/elk hunt.
Two-State, Two Buck Hunt
Hunt with our outfitter in both Wyoming and Montana for mule deer and/or whitetails.
Your hunt will be based out of a lodge in Northeast Wyoming, Western South Dakota, and South-East Montana depending on where you’re hunting. No matter where you are hunting, can rest assured that ranches are carefully managed for trophy quality and success.
Mule Deer, Pronghorn Antelope Combo Hunt
The pronghorn hunting, and pronghorn/deer combo hunts are conducted in both Wyoming and Montana.
- In Wyoming they hunt the north east corner near the town of Colony.
- In Montana, they hunt the 700 region in the south-east corner around the town of Alzada.
- These hunts are physically easy with large numbers of game seen.
- Success rates running between 95 and 100% on bucks averaging over 14″ inches.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
Thanks for reaching out to check on me after my hunt. I can’t compliment the outfitter enough. They provided us a fantastic hunt and were able to adjust the hunt to my physical limitations. We rate them A+ and we look forward to going back out with them one day. Moving forward we are scheduled to hunt moose in September and deer in November.
Steep trails and cliff faces left me with some outstanding great memories of this hunt. Twas a true western adventure all the way around.
This was three days of exhausting, exciting, and intense mule deer hunting. Just what the doctor ordered!!! This is hunting at its truest. By foot and horseback. Couldn’t get any better. Thank you Outdoors International!
Thank you Outdoors International for pointing us in the right direction! We are looking forward to going on this hunt again sometime soon.
This was a once in a lifetime hunt for me and all my expectations were met or exceeded. I would recommend this hunt to anyone.
We had our minds made up well before the hunt was over that we wanted to come back in 2016, and luckily we were able to book it again. I for one absolutely cant wait for the day we fly back into the Frank Church Wilderness.
Sonora is just what I thought it would be. Bad ass! 250,000 acres of desert mule deer heaven right on the Sea of Cortez, all ours. I don’t pick up a a rifle very often, and I’ve never done the high-rack thing, but when in Rome…. plus it was super fun.