Mark Wood, Arizona White Mountain Apache Reservation Bear Hunt Report
The outfitter, Mike and Layne were my guides. They showed me 13 bears in 3 days. Many were very good to extremely good record book bears. On the third day Mike and Layne showed me several huge bears. One cinnamon with a massive head. They told me to hold out for better. Later that day they both spotted an even bigger pure black bear. They confirmed its status as a boar and gave me the green light. I then had the bear of my dreams. It made the Boone & Crockett record book. All camp accommodations were excellent with comfortable tents, chairs and good food. They really took great care of my bear.
I highly recommend this hunt!
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? No