Hunter: Joel Ternes
Date: 2nd week of November, 2020
Trip Taken: DIY Sitka Blacktail Deer and Mountain Goat on Kodiak Island
Consultant: Patrick Kissel | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
This trip was my first to Alaska, and hopefully not my last!
The days would start out waking up to a great breakfast at the lodge.
Followed by a weather check, to help determine whether we’d chase blacktail deer or commit to going up after mountain goats. After that is was a short drive to the harbor, and a boat ride with views I’ll never forget to our planned drop off. At the end of the days hunt we’d meet at the pick up spot, and head back to the lodge for a warm shower and hot meal.
The hunting was great!
Reports of low deer numbers had us a bit concerned, but we got into deer everyday. If the deer numbers were down, I’d love to hunt deer in Alaska on a normal year!
I personally didn’t have a goat tag, and never hunted them before so I couldn’t wait to get up after them with the other three guys.
What an experience, crazy terrain with breathtaking views!
As a group of four we ended up with six Sitka Blacktail bucks and three Mountain Goats.
Nick, the outfitter is a great guy! He has a good thing going, and it’s only going to get better. I would definitely go with him again!Get More Information About This Trip
- Overall, my Alaska hunting trip was amazing.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect.
- My guide was great.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes. I’ve known Patrick and the Kissel family for a long time. He’s a great consultant because he’s out there living it and doing it himself. If you have a thought or a dream of getting out after it, he will find what you’re looking for and make it a reality!!!
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.