Mountain Lion Hunting in Idaho
- Almost perfect shot opportunity on trophy cougars.
- Outfitter owns his own hounds, (he doesn’t hire other houndsman to do his cougar hunts.)
- Comfortable lodging in the outfitters home.
- Delicious home cooked meals prepared by the outfitters wife.
- At least 1 or 2 guides per hunter.
- Top quality equipment used during the hunt 4×4 trucks, snowmobiles etc.
- Also can catch bobcats, coyotes, wolves, marten and beaver on a trapline and all hides can be kept by the hunter. (Time permitting)
- Non-hunting spouses or friends are welcome for a nominal fee.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Mountain lion hunting in Idaho on the Continental Divide between Idaho and Montana. This is a small, well run Mom-and-Pop type small operation dedicated to personal service of each client that hunts with them. They raise and train their own top quality pack of hounds, so they are not dependent on hiring another houndsman to take their hunters. The area they hunt is huge, which allows them to rest areas allowing for selective harvest of mountain lions and not over pressuring the resource.
Mountain lion hunts can be physically demanding but also the most rewarding and exciting experiences of a lifetime.
They raise and train their own top quality pack of hounds. This means that they’re not dependent on hiring another houndsman to take their hunters. The area they hunt is huge, which allows them to rest areas allowing for selective harvest of mountain lions and not over pressuring the resource.
You stay with the outfitter and his family at their home with the lower level finished for the hunters comfort.
Hunters eat their meals with the family, home cooked by Hannah the outfitters wife. You are sent out each day after a delicious breakfast and are packed a sack lunch. Each evening you’ll return home to a hot dinner at the lodge. Mountain lion hunting begins early in the morning, and can last until dark.
A new addition to this hunt is the trapline adventure.
The outfitter will also combine your trophy cougar hunt with a trapline adventure as a part of the experience. You will be helping the outfitter harvest additional predators like coyotes, bobcats, and possibly wolves. You will also catch other furbearers like mink, marten, fox and beaver. Take home any furs that are caught while you are there!
If mountain lion hunting in Idaho sounds like something you’re interested in, contact us today for more details.
Ask About Hunt #OI-CDO1