Gregory Schneider, Patagonia, Chile Fishing Trip Report
On arrival to Magic Waters I was astounded by the beautiful valley and the lodge nestled in the bottom of it. The service food and wine were incredible. From the lodge there are many types of water to fish like lakes, rivers, spring creeks and located behind the lodge was a productive lagoona to fish. The beautiful mountains dominated the diverse landscape.
The Blanco Camp is not even thirty miles from the Lodge but the landscape is impassable so it took a 3 hour car ride, a 1.5 hour horseback ride through a Canyon and finally an hour long boat ride up river to the Camp. The Camp had all the amenities including great food and more wine. The local guides and seasonal guides were both very knowledgeable of the fish in the area. Some of the hiking and wading was a little strenuous but if you are not up to hiking there are plenty of opportunities to fly fish from a boat on a lake or river.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more. Eduardo and his staff were very accommodating and made the trip as enjoyable as it was for me.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were amazing.
My consultant was Patrick Kissel.
Patrick is a very knowledgeable and experienced fly fisherman. He is great at striking up a conversation and listening to his clients’ stories and making them feel welcomed and excited about their fishing trip. I would not have taken this trip if it was not for Patrick introducing the idea to me.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes