Colorado Mountain Lion Hunting
Probably our best mountain lion hunt.
These Colorado mountain lion hunting trips take place in prime lion country, with a good population of mature toms. They use trucks, 4-wheelers and snowmobiles to cruise roads to find a fresh track. Once you find a track that looks good, you “turn out”. If you have never hunted with the use of hounds you will gain a new respect for what these dogs can do while hunting mountain lions. Sometimes the chase ends quickly, and sometimes you’re in for the hike of your life. You never know.
- Winter and early spring hunts when snow conditions are right for following a track with hounds. November through March.
- Over-the-counter hunting licenses
- Top notch hounds! You’ll drive roads to find tracks, and once a track is found, the dogs are turned out!
- Success rate is over 75% on mature lions. (Good snow conditions are a big factor in success.)
- Can combo on a bull buffalo hunt for an additional trophy fee.
- Some hunts take place on private land.
Weather conditions play a huge factor in these hunts; therefore we offer 10 limited mountain lion hunts each year with 200,000 private acres and BLM with near perfect success each year. We hunt with a large string of professionally trained well-bred hound dogs with bloodlines dating back to Van Johnson, Jeff Allen, Dale Cameron, and the one and only David Hill. The staff works hard to ensure a very clean and friendly, comfortable environment for everyone.
The outfitter did an outstanding job on the entire hunt, and took the most excellent care of us during the entire hunt. Both of us getting a mountain lion was just icing on the cake.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.
“They took me on the hunt of a lifetime. We went through some of the most beautiful terrain there is. They has great dogs and top of the line equipment. John really knows lion hunting. It was a “fair chase” hunt I will remember for a lifetime!” -John