Colorado Mountain Lion Hunting
Colorado mountain lion hunting is good because they have good snow, and big toms. That’s a good mix!| These Colorado mountain lion hunting trips take place in prime lion country, with a good population of mature toms. They use trucks, 4-wheelers and snowmobiles to cruise roads to find a fresh track.
Once you find a track that looks good, you “turn out”. If you have never hunted with the use of hounds you will gain a new respect for what these dogs can do while hunting mountain lions. Sometimes the chase ends quickly, and sometimes you’re in for the hike of your life. You never know.
You should consider Colorado mountain lion hunting:
- There are great populations of mountain lions in Colorado.
- Great trophy quality. Since there is so much remote country, toms live to a ripe old age.
- Colorado has long cougar hunting season that run November through March.
- Good winters with plenty of tracking snow.
*A Mountain Lion Education and Identification Course and Exam is required in Colorado.
The Best Mountain Lion Hunt in Colorado
This is one of our best, most consistent mountain lion hunts for big trophy toms. Every year, our clients have great success.
This outfitter has been in business for years, and prides himself on his client satisfaction. As a result, 90% of his business is repeat clients and referrals. They take a limited number of hunters each year to ensure high quality hunts, and their guides are top notch.
- The success rate is over 75% on mature toms!
- Typically, this area has great snow conditions making for good hunting.
- Top notch hounds and experienced, hard working houndsmen.
- Can combo on a bull buffalo hunt for an additional trophy fee.
- Contact us if you’re interested in Colorado mountain lion hunting.
Your guide will pick you up between 4:00 and 6:30 in the morning to drive to hunting area. Hopefully you find a track, and start in a lion early in the morning. You’ll spend the day trailing the cat or looking for a track. Depending on conditions and snow, you’ll usually hunt until noon or 2:00 in the afternoon.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.