Ibex Hunting in Kyrgyzstan
Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan with horses is an amazing experience!
They’re sure footed, tough, and get you into some country that will blow your mind. Mid-Asian ibex are in general, the most difficult sub-species to hunt due to the high altitudes and steep country they live in. But, they are also the least expensive and most common of the ibex. You can go ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan for about the same price as an elk hunt in the states.
- Ibex tags in Kyrgyzstan are basically guaranteed.
- Experience the amazing culture of the Kyrgyzstan people.
- It is common to combo these hunts with a Marco Polo sheep.
- Our outfitters give you the option to have an English speaking guide along on your hunt.
- These hunts are very affordable when compared to other ibex hunts, and especially sheep hunts.
Our mid-Asian ibex hunts in Kyrgyzstan are one of the best hunting values in the world. We would love to help you book this amazing hunt for yourself.
Ibex Hunting in Kyrgyzstan
Outfitters: AMO2, MLTD1
Mid-Asian Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan is one of the best hunting values in the world.
This will be one of the most memorable hunts you ever go on. Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting is very safe. It is a friendly country to hunt and the U.S. military has been operating from there for some time.
- Hunting Season is August through November.
- 5 to 7 day hunts, plus travel.
- Travel is a bit of an adventure. Hunters and baggage are transported to base cam in the Tien-Shan Mountains of Central Kyrgyzstan via 4×4 vehicles. Hunters can also choose to travel to base camp by helicopter at an extra cost.
- Once you arrive in camp, all travel will be by horseback or on foot.
- Communication isn’t that difficult. There will be an interpreter in camp, and all hunting camps have satellite phones and portable radios.
- Add a 2nd ibex for a trophy fee. In some cases extra 1-2 hunting days must be added to harvest the second animal.
This is a mountain hunt in every sense of the word.
You will travel to and from camp on horseback. These little horses are very tough, and travel some of the most rugged mountains found any place in the world with ease.
The hunting is exceptional.
Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan is very good as there is a healthy population of them, and our hunters enjoy tremendous success and great trophy quality. This outfitter also offers some outstanding Marco Polo sheep hunting, but they are not available as a combo hunt without some major planning prior to your hunt. Wolves are also available on a trophy fee basis.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters in Kyrgyzstan enjoy great success.
People don’t know what they are missing out on. Just because Kyrgyzstan end in “stan” doesn’t mean you wont make it back alive. Ibex hunting there is an unbelievable experience of a lifetime!
To be honest, I’m still in a bit of AWE with the whole Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting experience… the terrain was like nothing I have experienced. It was awesome. Steep and deep with beautiful valleys and rugged peaks. We hunted as high as 15,000 feet. We spent many hours on the horses while we were ibex hunting, which were amazingly tough. Like the horses, the guides were some of the toughest humans I’ve spent time with, not to mention some of the nicest. Very humbling.
My beceite ibex hunt in Spain was a great hunt, and I highly recommend it and Outdoors International. I’m going after Bezoar ibex in Turkey next!