Mid-Asian Ibex hunts with a great Kyrgyzstan Outfitter.
This will be one of the most memorable hunts you ever go on. Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting is very safe. It is a friendly country to hunt and the U.S. military has been operating from there for some time. You will travel to and from camp on horseback. These little horses are very tough, and travel some of the most rugged mountains found anyplace in the world with ease.
- Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan is very good as there is a healthy population of them. Ibex hunting here is generally very successful with great trophy quality.
- August through December
- 8 day trips with 6 full days of hunting. These hunts are limited to 4-8 hunters per group.
- Travel is a bit of an adventure. Hunters and baggage are transported to base cam in the Tien-Shan Mountains of Central Kyrgyzstan via 4×4 vehicles. Hunters can also choose to travel to base camp by helicopter at an extra cost.
- Once you arrive in camp, all travel will be by horseback or on foot.
- Communication isn’t that difficult. There will be an interpreter in camp, and all hunting camps have satellite phones and portable radios.
- Add a 2nd ibex for a trophy fee. In some cases extra 1-2 hunting days must be added to harvest the second animal.
- Wolves are also available on a trophy fee basis.
- This outfitter also offers some outstanding Marco Polo sheep hunting, but they are not available as a combo hunt without some major planning prior to your hunt.
“To be honest, I’m still in a bit of AWE with the whole Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting experience… the terrain was like nothing I have experienced. It was awesome. Steep and deep with beautiful valleys and rugged peaks. We hunted as high as 15,000ft.
We spent many hours on the horses while we were ibex hunting, which were amazingly tough. Like the horses, the guides were some of the toughest humans I’ve spent time with, not to mention some of the nicest. Very humbling.” – Russ Meyer