Ibex Hunting in Kyrgyzstan
Go ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan (mid-Asian ibex), for around the same price as a guided elk hunt.
Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan with horses is an amazing experience! They’re sure footed, tough, and get you into some country that will blow your mind. Mid-Asian ibex are in general, the most difficult sub-species to hunt due to the high altitudes and steep country they live in. But, they are also the least expensive and most common of the ibex.
Why you should consider ibex hunting Kyrgyzstan:
- It’s easy to get a tag.
- Mid-Asian ibex are one of the best hunting values in the world. These hunts are very affordable when compared to other ibex hunts, and especially sheep hunts.
- Experience an amazing culture.
- It is common to combo these hunts with a Marco Polo sheep.
- Option to have an English speaking guide.
Hunts: AMO2, MLTD1
Kyrgystan Mid-Asian Ibex Hunts
Mid-Asian ibex is one of the best hunting values in the world.
This will be one of the most memorable hunts you ever go on. Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting is very safe. It is a friendly country to hunt and the U.S. military has been operating from there for some time. This is a mountain hunt in every sense of the word…you will travel to and from camp on horseback. These little horses are very tough, and travel some of the most rugged mountains found any place in the world with ease.
Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan is very good as there is a healthy population of them, and our hunters enjoy tremendous success and great trophy quality. This outfitter also offers some outstanding Marco Polo sheep hunting, but they are not available as a combo hunt without some major planning prior to your hunt. Wolves are also available on a trophy fee basis.
- August through December
- 8 day trips with 6 full days of hunting. These hunts are limited to 4-8 hunters per group.
- Travel is a bit of an adventure. Hunters and baggage are transported to base cam in the Tien-Shan Mountains of Central Kyrgyzstan via 4×4 vehicles. Hunters can also choose to travel to base camp by helicopter at an extra cost.
- Once you arrive in camp, all travel will be by horseback or on foot.
- Communication isn’t that difficult. There will be an interpreter in camp, and all hunting camps have satellite phones and portable radios.
- Add a 2nd ibex for a trophy fee. In some cases extra 1-2 hunting days must be added to harvest the second animal.
This was a hunt for one of the most beautiful, majestic animals I have ever hunted. In a country full of beautiful landscapes and friendly people. I feel that this outfitter does their best to find you the best trophy ibex, and to do whatever they can for you to accomplish that.
To be honest, I’m still in a bit of AWE with the whole Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting experience… the terrain was like nothing I have experienced. It was awesome. Steep and deep with beautiful valleys and rugged peaks. We hunted as high as 15,000 feet. We spent many hours on the horses while we were ibex hunting, which were amazingly tough. Like the horses, the guides were some of the toughest humans I’ve spent time with, not to mention some of the nicest. Very humbling.