Kyrgyzstan Ibex Hunts
Mid-Asian Ibex hunts with a great Kyrgyzstan Outfitter
This will be one of the most memorable hunts you ever go on. Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting is very safe. It is a friendly country to hunt and the U.S. military has been operating from there for some time. You will travel to and from camp on horseback. These little horses are very tough, and travel some of the most rugged mountains found any place in the world with ease.
- Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan is very good as there is a healthy population of them. Ibex hunting here is generally very successful with great trophy quality.
- August through December
- 8 day trips with 6 full days of hunting. These hunts are limited to 4-8 hunters per group.
- Travel is a bit of an adventure. Hunters and baggage are transported to base cam in the Tien-Shan Mountains of Central Kyrgyzstan via 4×4 vehicles. Hunters can also choose to travel to base camp by helicopter at an extra cost.
- Once you arrive in camp, all travel will be by horseback or on foot.
- Communication isn’t that difficult. There will be an interpreter in camp, and all hunting camps have satellite phones and portable radios.
- Add a 2nd ibex for a trophy fee. In some cases extra 1-2 hunting days must be added to harvest the second animal.
- Wolves are also available on a trophy fee basis.
- This outfitter also offers some outstanding Marco Polo sheep hunting, but they are not available as a combo hunt without some major planning prior to your hunt.
I’ve been on a lot of hunts over the past years, and can honestly say this was one of my best trips to date! With animals in every direction, the hardest decision was figuring out which Goat we were going after. That is a true rarity these days. I can’t wait to go back to hunt with this outfit!
After researching Mid Asian Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan for almost a year, my wife Maria and I set up our hunt through Outdoors International with the outfitter we wanted to use in Kyrgyzstan. Over the next six months, OI was very helpful in assisting to get all of the logistics in order. This can be a part of any International hunt that is challenging and not all that much fun-gun permits, travel itineraries, money transfers, ect.
People don’t know what they are missing out on. Just because Kyrgyzstan end in “stan” doesn’t mean you wont make it back alive. An unbelievable experience of a lifetime!
I couldn’t believe in less than seven days I had harvested a dall sheep and a grizzly bear, it was a trip of a life time! I cant say enough about how impressed I was with this Outfitter. From the knowledge of the outdoors to how my made my time in camp with him very memorable.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.
To be honest, I’m still in a bit of AWE with the whole Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting experience… the terrain was like nothing I have experienced. It was awesome. Steep and deep with beautiful valleys and rugged peaks. We hunted as high as 15,000ft.
We spent many hours on the horses while we were ibex hunting, which were amazingly tough. Like the horses, the guides were some of the toughest humans I’ve spent time with, not to mention some of the nicest. Very humbling.