Florida Alligator Hunting
This is a great time of year to be in Florida.
On a hot, pleasant night, you and your Florida alligator hunting outfitter will navigate the warm lakes and rivers of searching for red gator eyes with a powerful flashlight. Alligators are very active at night and you will carefully look over a number of them to find that one gator you’ve been looking for. You will actually be calling alligators into range as you search.
Florida alligator hunting can be intense!
Once you find a big alligator that you like the looks of, it’s time to slip into bow range. Your arrow has a strong, barbed point designed to stay lodged under the skin. Attached to the tip is a braided line with a large float attached to the other end. Now get ready for a fight! You (with your guides help if needed) will fight the alligator to the side of the boat and harpoon it with a much heavier line. It might take awhile to get the gator controlled, at which point a bang stick is used to finish it off. Florida alligator hunting may sound easy, but this is a large, prehistoric, dangerous predator. Are you ready?
If you decide to book a gator hunt, be ready for the time of your life.
- Florida alligator hunting season is August through November. This is a great time to visit Florida.
- If you don’t have a bow or crossbow, the alligator hunting outfitter will have gear for you to use.
- There will be a very detailed orientation prior to your hunt so you know exactly what to do while all hell is breaking loose.
- Success rates are nearly 100%.
- We’ve been booking this hunt for years and our hunters rave about it.