My 14 year old son and I went on our first backcountry hunt with a great outfitter in Idaho. I honestly had no idea what to expect, but I knew Patrick at Outdoors International would set up something great,and he did.
From the minute we got picked up in Boise by the outfitter, I knew it was gonna be a great bear hunt. We drove two hours into the mountains followed by a four mile horseback ride into the mountains to camp.
On the first day, we rode the horses out another couple miles and my son shot a nice color phase bear. I had an opportunity on two bears, but it just didn’t work out. But that didn’t matter. We were there for the experience.
It was awesome being so far out and away from everything. It was a tough hunt- lots of horseback riding and miles of hiking in the mountains every day. But that’s what made it so great. Our guide Andrew was awesome and I can’t possibly imagine a better camp cook than Jim. I told the guys when we were leaving that I would have been really sad to go if I wasn’t so sure that I’d be back.
- How would you rate your trip overall? Amazing
- How were your guide(s)? Amazing
- How was your lodging? Good
- How was the food? Amazing
- How was your outfitters communication? Good
- How physically demanding was your trip? Difficult
- Do you have anything to add about your outfitter? It was my first time doing a hunt like this. The trip for my son and I cost more than my truck. I would have preferred a little more contact prior to the trip from the outfitter, but Patrick with Outdoors International put my mind at ease and answered everything for me.
- How would you rate your consultant? Amazing
- Do you have anything to add about your consultant? 100% confidence in Patrick. Will use again.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes