Hunter: Jeff Young
Date: September 14-19, 2021
Trip Taken: Wyoming Elk Hunt
Consultant: Patrick Kissel | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
I arrived at elk camp on Greys River and got to choose from several canvas tents. Each tent had a wood burning stove. We woke up at 2:30 every morning ate breakfast and headed out with truck and trailer to the trailhead. We unloaded the horses and rode them most of the day, periodically calling to locate elk.
Once we had one answer we tied the horses and hiked to a good position. We would eat lunches (that we packed in the morning) on the mountain. We would get back to camp around 8:00 PM. Showered with hot water and ate supper around 9-9:30. Went to bed around 10:30.Get More Information About This Trip
- How would you rate your trip overall? It was a great elk hunt. The outfitter and his guides worked really hard.
- How was your food and lodging? Amazing.
- How was your guide? Fair. My guide was very young and this was his first year of guiding. He was green when it came to elk hunting but was very knowledgeable on backcountry horsemanship and learned fast. He worked very hard and was extremely respectful.
- How was your outfitters communication? Perfect.
- How physically demanding was your trip? Difficult.
- How would you rate your consultant? Great. I really appreciate Patrick checking in with me right after my hunt to make sure everything went well.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes – @Jkyoung618
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.