Angler: Ryan Ersland
Date: March, 2019
Trip Taken: Chile-Patagonia Fly Fishing Camp on the Rio Blanco River
Fishing Consultant: Patrick Kissel | Outdoors International
This was my first trip to South America and it totally surpassed my expectations.
The first week we spent at the lodge and each day fished a different river or lake. The scenery was always changing as well as the type of fly fishing we would do. The guides were all excellent as well as the food and accommodations. For the second week we rode on horseback to a river that can’t be accessed by boat, car or walk in. We were the only group on the entire river. Even with this area being so hard to access, the camp was amazing. Huge brown trout and rainbows. I definitely plan on doing this trip again in the future!
This fishing trip was great! Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly.Get More Information About This Trip
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were amazing.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes. Patrick is awesome and had everything organized ahead of time. Easy to get a hold of and very knowledgeable. I will work with him again for sure.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes