Nebraska Mule Deer Hunting
Nebraska Mule Deer Hunting
Nebraska has some great mule deer hunting for a great price, PLUS the opportunity to add a second deer. The price of this hunt will blow your mind!
The terrain in Nebraska is diverse. In one day you might hunt creek bottoms, cultivated fields, and Sandhill country. It’s a fairly easy hunt, physically due to the rolling, almost flat terrain. Hunting might range from spot-and-stalk to ground blinds depending on the situation.
Why you should consider mule deer hunting in Nebraska:
- Nebraska mule deer hunting permits are over-the-counter with no draw required.
- Permits are cheap when compared to other states.
- Good food sources, and genetics.
- Nebraska is less expensive in general and travel to this state is easy.
- Both rifle and archery seasons fall during the rut in Nebraska allowing terrific opportunity for a trophy of a lifetime.
- The muzzleloader hunts cover part of the run and when deer congregate in the winter feeding grounds.
Mule Deer Hunting in Nebraska
One cool thing about Nebraska is that you can hunt both mule deer and whitetails.
Over the years we and our outfitters have been able to obtain some of the larger tracts of land in this area, and have instituted a protein feed program along with size restrictions. This has allowed us to manage the herd more effectively, giving our clients the greatest opportunity at a quality experience.
The Nebraska rifle deer season falls during the rut! ‘Nuf said.
Archery season falls during the rut in Nebraska allowing a terrific opportunity for a trophy of a lifetime. This is a great archery deer hunt (you can hunt mule deer AND whitetails) due to the sheer abundance of game, and the opportunity to harvest two Pope and Young animals on the same outing. You will be tree stand hunting for whitetails on private ranches. What sets these ranches apart are the sheer number of Pope and Young deer.
Muzzleloader hunts take place in mid December as winter is moving in. Feed patterns can be very predictable during this time. Often this hunt allows for the highest number of deer sightings. Hunters can expect to see a high quantity of deer and success rates on these hunts are typically high.
- Archery Nebraska deer hunting season is September 15 through December 31. *You can hunt with a crossbow during archery season in Nebraska.
- License and tags are over-the-counter.
- The average archery deer score between 120 and 155, with the best bucks being in the mid 170 range.
- Opportunity rate is close to 100% on 125″ deer and better.
- Hunters may hunt a second deer, for a small trophy fee. The price on this hunt will blow your mind.
- Success rates for archery deer hunts are typically around 40%
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
Thanks for reaching out to check on me after my hunt. I can’t compliment the outfitter enough. They provided us a fantastic hunt and were able to adjust the hunt to my physical limitations. We rate them A+ and we look forward to going back out with them one day. Moving forward we are scheduled to hunt moose in September and deer in November.
Steep trails and cliff faces left me with some outstanding great memories of this hunt. Twas a true western adventure all the way around.
This was three days of exhausting, exciting, and intense mule deer hunting. Just what the doctor ordered!!! This is hunting at its truest. By foot and horseback. Couldn’t get any better. Thank you Outdoors International!
Thank you Outdoors International for pointing us in the right direction! We are looking forward to going on this hunt again sometime soon.
This was a once in a lifetime hunt for me and all my expectations were met or exceeded. I would recommend this hunt to anyone.
We had our minds made up well before the hunt was over that we wanted to come back in 2016, and luckily we were able to book it again. I for one absolutely cant wait for the day we fly back into the Frank Church Wilderness.
Sonora is just what I thought it would be. Bad ass! 250,000 acres of desert mule deer heaven right on the Sea of Cortez, all ours. I don’t pick up a a rifle very often, and I’ve never done the high-rack thing, but when in Rome…. plus it was super fun.