Elk Hunting in Alberta
Elk Hunting in Alberta, Canada
Alberta has a healthy, expanding elk population and they can be found all along the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains. You can find them everywhere from the flat farmland to the high mountain areas. If you want to hunt elk during the rut with your rifle, elk hunting in Alberta is for you!
- Non residents are limited to taking ONLY six point bulls. This antler restriction as created some good trophy quality, as most bulls make it to maturity.
- Archery hunting starts in late August and goes t0 mid September.
- The rifle elk season in Alberta is special. It starts in mid September and goes through the end of November. Right through the heart of the rut.
ALBERTA ELK HUNTS:
Peace River Country
This Alberta elk hunt is a sleeper!
There aren’t many areas where you can hunt elk in the rut with a rifle and an over-the-counter tag. Elk hunting in Alberta Peace River region is one of those special places.
This is a small outfit focusing on offering individualized attention, and one of the highest quality elk hunting experiences possible.
- In October, the rut is still going strong and they have better success on the bigger bulls than during September.
- This is not a physically demanding hunt.
- With very few tags available, this hunt has a tremendous success record on good 6 pt bulls.
- There is a very realistic opportunity for bulls in the 275″ – 325″ B&C range.
Rifle Rut Hunts
You’ll elk hunting in Alberta, Canada during the first week of October in flat farm fields surrounded by timber (Crown Land).
It’s a low impact, fairly easy hunt, and the bulls will still be rutting hard. You’ll drive the farmland with your guide until you find a good bull, then stalk and/or call a rutting bull into range.
If you prefer a hard-core, traditional elk hunt where you’re physical limitations will be tested, this hunt is NOT for you. However, if you want a high odds, fairly easy, laid back hunt with a fun outfitter, we can’t think of a better one.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
I truly appreciate the personal effort took upon yourself to delivery my elk and whitetail to the wild game processing and, to the taxidermist. It was your professional experience in the business that gave me the opportunity to harvest my dream elk and whitetail.
The camp is the BEST field hunting camp I have ever seen. The staff is awesome and very accommodating. Going backcountry elk hunting required horses so if you are not a strong rider, get there because riding a horse is a must. Know how to ride a horse and be comfortable with it.