Arizona mule deer hunts are high on the list for most hunters. In fact, some hunters consider Arizona to be the best place in the world to hunt mule deer. That’s up for debate, but you can’t argue that Arizona probably ranks in the top five places to take a big buck. Whoppers are taken yearly, especially on the Arizona Strip and Kaibab Plateau.
- Arizona has great genetics. Boone and Crockett bucks are taken yearly.
- Most units are fairly easy to hunt physically, especially when compared to some of the northwestern states.
- Most units are draw only, and managed for trophy deer. If you draw a tag in one of the premier units such as the Arizona Strip or the Kaibab, outfitted hunts are surprisingly affordable in Arizona when compared to other places that have guaranteed tags.
- The Arizona Strip and Kaibab can be extremely hard to come by but it’s worth trying!
- Arizona has some great OTC archery mule deer hunts.
- Did we mention big bucks?