Arizona Mule Deer Hunts
Arizona is a draw state for the best rifle trophy mule deer hunts, but it is worth playing the odds!
Arizona mule deer hunts are high on the list for most hunters. Whoppers are taken yearly, and some consider the Arizona Strip and Kaibab Plateau to be the best place in the world to hunt mule deer. That’s up for debate, but you can’t argue that Arizona probably ranks in the top five places to take a big buck.
Arizona mule deer hunts:
- Arizona has great genetics. Boone and Crockett bucks are taken yearly.
- Most units are fairly easy to hunt physically, especially when compared to some of the northwestern states.
- Most units are draw only, and managed for trophy deer. If you draw a tag in one of the premier units such as the Arizona Strip or the Kaibab, outfitted hunts are surprisingly affordable in Arizona when compared to other places that have guaranteed tags.
- Arizona has some great OTC archery mule deer hunts.
- Did we mention big bucks?
Arizona Over The Counter Archery Mule Deer Hunt
GUARANTEED TAGS! Arizona mule deer tags during the early season and during the rut!
This outfitter offers exciting, high quality, trophy Arizona archery mule deer hunts on private land. These Arizona archery hunts have produced multiple bucks over 200 inches in the past several years. Because of the open terrain, expect archery shots to average 40 yards. The further you can shoot with a bow accurately, the higher your chances for success will be. These are 7 day hunts, and there is both an early season and a late season.The early season is August through September, and the late season is December through January. You’ll be hunting private land, strictly managed for older age class bucks. You can expect a real opportunity at a 175-185″ buck with a chance at a 200″+ monster on this Arizona archery mule deer hunt!
Bow hunters can hunt big mule deer bucks in limited draw areas in North central Arizona starting in August and September or come hunt during the rut in December and January. Resident and non-resident hunters can purchase guaranteed tags for archery so there is no need to apply for draws.
- Early Season: August-September
- Rut Hunt: December-January
- This is a Glassing/Spot and Stalk hunt.
- All archery hunts are guided 1-on-1 to increase your opportunity for success.
- The opportunity rate on this hunt is 90%, and the success rate is an incredible 75%! Success varies based on archer’s skill level, so practice.
- The average trophy buck on this hunt scores in the low to mid 180″s, but there are a couple of 200″+ bucks seen in this area every year.
- Contact us for pricing and more information.
Early OTC Archery Hunt
August 24 through September 13
If you choose to do the early over-the-counter archery mule deer hunt in Arizona, you’ll be hunting bachelor groups of trophy bucks that are still in the velvet. The temperature is hot, so most of the hunting will take place on or around water sources from a tree stand or popup ground blind.
OTC Rut Archery Hunt
December 11 through January 31
If you’re looking for an exciting spot-and-stalk archery hunt during the mule deer rut, this one’s for you. You’ll be chasing bucks with your bow as they’re chasing does around during the peak of the rut.
Late Season Rifle Hunt on Private Ground
If archery hunting isn’t your thing, we work with some well managed ranches in Arizona, that consistently produce good mule deer year after year. Those who choose to hunt during the firearms seasons can expect to see upwards of ten bucks a day. The primary means of hunting will include long hours of glassing with high quality optics, as well as hunting food plots.
- October through January
- Lodging will be in a motel or wall tent, depending on the hunt.
- Meals will be prepared by a camp cook or you will go to restaurants.
- These bucks range in size from the 130’s to the 170’s.
This hunt is in demand, and some years book out early, so don’t wait until they’re all gone. If you want to go on a good archery mule deer hunt, contact us soon.
The Arizona Strip and the Kaibab
The Best Mule Deer Hunting in the World is Arguably the Arizona Strip and the Kaibab
Arizona mule deer tags on the Arizona Strip and Kaibab can be extremely hard to come by. Our hunters rave about our Arizona outfitter, and they always go home with a great trophy. If you are after a big mule deer, then this is the hunt for you. Start applying! Hunters can expect a 190″ deer on the Arizona Strip and 180″ on the Kaibab, but bucks scoring above 220″ are taken on these hunts every year.
- November late hunt during the rut
- Opportunity Rate is 100%
- Trophy quality on the Late Kaibab and Arizona Strip hunts is VERY good.
- If you draw either of these hunts contact us quickly to book! The deer density on the strip is very low and hunting is difficult. A guide is highly recommended if you want to take the most advantage of this special tag.
The Arizona Strip – Units 13A, and 13B
The sky’s the limit when you’re mule deer hunting on The Strip. The biggest buck one of our hunters have gotten so far on this hunt was a 229 inch monster!
Our Outfitter believes that the two Arizona Strip units are the best premier mule deer tags in Arizona. The hunt takes place in early November. It is a ten day season and you can expect to see a 190″+ buck with the potential for a true monster. The density of deer is very low, but the quality is insane. Some days a deer may not even be spotted, but if a hunter is willing to spend all ten days glassing hard, a good buck WILL be found. If this hunt intrigues you, start putting in. It sometimes takes up to 15 years to draw one of these tags.
The Kaibab – Units 12A West, 12A East, and 12B
Expect to see a lot of deer on these hunts. The Kaibab is a high density hunt. You’ll see lots of deer and lots of bucks. A buck scoring 180″ can be expected, but the potential for a giant is there as well. The late Kaibab hunt is a ton of fun. This tag is a little bit easier to draw than the Strip hunts.
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.