Mountain Lion Hunts Wyoming
When it comes to mountain lion hunts Wyoming is unique in that anyone can purchase a license and you do not have to rely on a lottery drawing. This might just be one of the most physically demanding hunts you ever go on, but if you’re in decent shape, and you get some weather, mountain lion hunting can be a blast!
If you’re interested in mountain lion hunts Wyoming should be considered.
- Wyoming has a solid population of mountain lions and over-the-counter tags.
- Good snow on most years which makes for high success rates on trophy toms.
- Lots of public land with good hunting, but our OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL outfitters have access to thousands of private land as well.
Mountain Lion Hunts in Wyoming
This mountain lion hunt in Wyoming is a good one. In fact, it’s one of our best!
Since this outfitter hunts the entire state of Wyoming, where you hunt depends on the snow conditions, which greatly increases your odds for success. Due to superb genetics, with lots of elk and deer to prey on, Wyoming grows some BIG toms, and Boone and Crockett mountain lions are taken regularly.
- Mountain lion hunting seasons in Wyoming run from late November to the end of March.
- Over-the-counter hunting licenses and tags.
- Rifles, handguns, archery equipment including crossbows may be used.
- Excellent quality, and high success rates on mature toms.
- Contact us for prices and availability.
We schedule our mountain lion hunts between November and March to increase your chances for having good tracking conditions for the hounds.
You’ll run mountain roads on snowmobiles looking for tracks. You are welcome to come along, or you can stay warm in the truck. Once a good track is cut, get ready to hunt! The terrain can be very slick and very steep so being in the best physical shape you can be in is definitely recommended.
Having grown up on a ranch in Wyoming, our lead cook was raised to be hard-working and she definitely knows how to make a good western home cooked meal! Her love for the outdoors is very apparent as she is also one of our hunting guides and an accomplished outdoors writer as well. Depending on the area you’ll be hunting in, your stay will range from motel accommodations to rustic cabin to extravagant log cabin.