If a guy wants to come on a fun hunt and see a lot of deer, you can’t beat Coues deer hunting Arizona. Well, actually you can because it could be argued that the hunting can be better in Old Mexico. However, Arizona has some superb deer hunting. Hunting season for Coues deer in Arizona is August through the end of the year depending on the tag you draw and/or weapon you use. Success is usually high no matter which weapon or season you choose.
Coues deer bucks scoring above 100″ are taken with our outfitters in Arizona every year.
- This is a fun hunt!
- You’ll see plenty of deer, and the trophy quality is great. An 80 -90 inch buck is a very real possibility, and Coues deer above 100 inches are taken every year.
- The hunting season is August through the end of the year depending on the tag you draw and/or weapon you use.
- Success on the early hunts is nearly 100%.
- Most rifle bucks taken by our hunters score 85 inches or better.
- Most archery bucks qualify for Pope & Young.
Archery Coues Deer Hunts in Arizona
The early season hunts in August and September allow hunters to be very selective. The weather is hot, but by utilizing spot and stalk and ground blinds or tree stands over trails, water or mineral blocks. Archery hunters can expect to see between 10 and 20 bucks per day.
- Units: Statewide
- Seasons: Mid-Aug. through mid-Sep. / Early-Dec. through Jan. 31
- Archery coues deer hunting tags are Over the Counter (OTC).
- The highest success rate of these two hunts is the early hunt as the deer are coming into water and salt, however grunting and rattling works well during the late season.
- Spot and stalking archery coues is very difficult but it can be done.
Rifle Deer Hunts in Arizona
- Units: 34A, 34B, 35A, 35B, 36A, 36B, 36C
- Seasons: Late-Oct. / Early-Nov. / Late-Nov. (7 day hunts)
- Drawing these hunts are easy. If you don’t draw though, you can almost always pick up a leftover tag.
Trophy Rifle Coues Deer Hunts
- Units: 6A, 21, 22, 23, 24A, 24B, 31, 32, 33, 36A, 36B, 36C
- Season: Early-Dec. through Dec. 31
- This hunt is a little tougher to draw, but it’s a great hunt.
- Expect to see 90-100 inch bucks on this hunt, but you might just see something that goes over the magic 110 inch mark.
- Units: 35A, 35B
- Seasons: Mid-Dec. through Jan. 31
- The draw odds on this hunt are around 20%.
- Any antlered Coues deer OR mule deer.
- High numbers of deer.
- You can expect to see 80-90 inch bucks with the possibility of 100+ inch Coues deer.