Hunting Illinois Deer
Hunting Illinois Deer
Illinois deer hunting is known as a top choice for trophy whitetails.
Why you should consider hunting Illinois deer:
- Above average trophy quality.
- Our outfitters keep hunting pressure low and quality high.
- Seasons go from the beginning of October to the beginning of December.
- You can hunt from the beginning of October, through the rut, and into December.
- Illinois is a draw state, but the archery tags never sell out, which basically makes it an over-the-counter tag.
West Central Illinois Deer Hunting in "The Golden Triangle"
For the trophy of a lifetime, look know further. Hunting Illinois deer in the Golden Triangle in Adams, Hancock and Pike county.
Hunt the Golden Triangle
Adams, Hancock, and Pike County in West-Central Illinois make up the famed Golden Triangle of Illinois deer hunting.
These deer are like nothing you will have ever seen before! Located in Illinois this deer hunt is the place to be to harvest fully mature deer that make your jaw drop! This outfitter has a self imposed rule where they only allow themselves to harvest deer no less than 140″ and three and half years old!
None of these deer are in a high fence area which makes this hunt even more special. They are very thorough in all their management efforts and ensure quality bucks. Buck to doe ratio is an amazing two or three to one! They know how to grow them big with this outfitter! If you’re worried about experience this outfitter has got plenty of monster trophy whitetails to prove they have what it takes not to mention their years of experience.
The Deer Hunting Lodge
Your home while hunting Illinois deer is their 10,000 square foot lodge. It has ten bedrooms with from two to four beds in each. There is also a 40 foot bar, and pool table. Along with all that are two kitchens that are available for your personal use as well! They provide a breakfast that is light and DIY. They also provide a sack lunch and a big evening dinner.
- This outfitter carries a long lasting scoring minimum of 140 inches. Enough to make Pope and Young every time!
- Depending on your weapon and time of year you can expect the hunt to last for five days if you are hunting archery early season, pre-rut, and prime rut. Firearm hunts vary from 3-4 days.
- Your hunt will most likely occur in one of their various food plots.
- You will be hunting 15,000+ acres of creek bottoms, ridges, big hardwood flats, government CRP, natural funnels, corn and soybean fields and other assorted food plots.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
My buck— eleven scorable points, lots of smaller extras, over 17 ½” of inside spread with heavy mass, and a field dressed weight at 215 lbs. The meat will be enjoyed this winter, and soon the antlers will hang on my wall for me to glance at occasionally and remember the turkeys in the hayfield, the smell of acorns on damp ground, and even the super moon that was visible during my sitting a deer stand and reminiscing of hunts in years gone by this past fall. Thank you Outdoors International.
I recently returned from a late season whitetail hunt in Dimmit County, in South Texas. What happened will go down in history as one of the greatest hunts of my life. I was hunting a buck that I’ve been chasing for the past five years. He’s a 14 year old legend we call Indigo, and he’s been an impossible deer to hunt for his entire mature life (since he was five).
Great outfitter. Great trophy whitetail hunting areas. Many ground blind and tree stand placements before the season allowing good positioning for wind. Constant monitoring of trail cams by the outfitter.
I had no idea how much I would love deer hunting in Texas!