If you would like to hunt trophy whitetails, hunting Illinois deer should be considered.
Illinois is well known through out the whitetail hunting community as the land of the giants, and is always on the short list for top deer hunting destinations.
Hunting Illinois deer:
- Above average trophy quality.
- Our outfitters keep hunting pressure low and quality high.
- Seasons go from the beginning of October to the beginning of December.
- You can hunt from the beginning of October, through the rut, and into December.
- Illinois is a draw state, but the archery tags never sell out, which basically makes it an over-the-counter tag.
West Central Illinois Deer Hunting in the Golden Triangle
Adams, Hancock, and Pike County in West-Central Illinois make up the famed Golden Triangle of Illinois deer hunting.
For the trophy of a lifetime, look know further than hunting deer in the Golden Triangle of Illinois. The whitetail found in Adams, Hancock and Pike county are like nothing you will have ever seen before! Located in Illinois this deer hunt is the place to be to harvest fully mature deer that make your jaw drop! This outfitter has a self imposed rule where they only allow themselves to harvest deer no less than 140″ and three and half years old!
None of these deer are in a high fence area which makes this hunt even more special. They are very thorough in all their management efforts and ensure quality bucks. Buck to doe ratio is an amazing two or three to one! This outfitter puts our hunters on big deer every year.
- This outfitter carries a long lasting scoring minimum of 140 inches. Enough to make Pope and Young every time!
- Depending on your weapon and time of year you can expect the hunt to last for five days if you are hunting archery early season, pre-rut, and prime rut. Firearm hunts vary from 3-4 days.
- Your hunt will most likely occur in one of their various food plots.
- You will be hunting 15,000+ acres of creek bottoms, ridges, big hardwood flats, government CRP, natural funnels, corn and soybean fields and other assorted food plots.
If you’re worried about booking, we have pics of plenty of monster trophy whitetails to prove they have what it takes. Contact us for more information.
Your home while hunting Illinois deer is their 10,000 square foot lodge.
The hunting lodge has ten bedrooms with from two to four beds in each. There is also a 40 foot bar, and pool table. Along with all that are two kitchens that are available for your personal use as well! They provide a breakfast that is light and DIY. They also provide a sack lunch and a big evening dinner.