Rio Grande turkey hunting in Texas is extremely high success, and tons of fun!
When you’re hunting turkeys in Texas, it’s not uncommon to see ten or more gobblers in a single morning of hunting. There’s nothing like the rush of calling in a big Rio Grande tom!
Hunting turkeys in Texas:
- Texas turkey hunting is some of the best in the world!
- You’ll be hunting Rio Grande wild turkeys.
- Lots of birds, and low hunter pressure. In fact, current estimates are that Texas has a population of over half a million birds!
- Fall season: November January.
- Spring Season: March through April.
- We recommend making your turkey hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability on the best ranches.
South Texas Turkey Hunts
When you hunt turkeys in South Texas, you can take two Rio Grande gobblers and as many hogs as you can find.
These wild turkey hunts are for two birds (Rio Grande), and you can also shoot some pigs too…and you can expect to run across lots of those. These two bird hunts include meals, lodging and the hunt, and the outfitter spends lots of time feeding, scouting and running trail cameras on the ranches so you can be assured you’ll find some birds while you’re hunting turkeys in Texas.
This can be fully guided, or an unguided turkey hunt.
If you choose to go the unguided, DIY route, a guide will drive you around the ranch before your hunt beings. Land marks, such as creek beds and/or fences will be pointed out to define your borders.
- Two Gobblers
- Unlimited Hogs
- Mid-March through May 1
- Unguided unless you feel you need a guide.
- Very nice 4 star accommodations and home cooked meals.
- Very high success
This outfitter also offers a youth turkey hunt.
Hunting turkeys in Texas is a great way to introduce a kid to hunting. This Texas youth turkey hunt is an affordable way for a parent and their child to hunt with a great Texas outfitter who shares our company values. We need to introduce our kids to the hunting lifestyle if we have any hope of maintaining this way of life.
- We can make you look like a professional to your child and we can all learn and grow in these experiences.
- The spring turkey hunt includes two gobblers and pigs on the ranches that have them.