Blue Ribbon Fly Fishing – Big Creek, Idaho
Fishing Big Creek Idaho in the Frank Church Wilderness is as good or better than any fishing you can find in the West. Idaho state has some incredible cutthroat fishing in Kelly Creek, the Lochsa River and the Selway River, but Big Creek takes the #1 spot in our opinion. Get ready for truly epic fly fishing trip for native Westslope cutthroat trout!
- Difficulty: Since this water is nearly untouched, the fish aren’t picky. Whether you’re an experienced angler or you’re bringing your kids, everybody will catch fish. LOTS OF FISH!
- Species: Walk and wade fishing for native Westslope cutthroat trout, rainbow trout, bull trout, steelhead and whitefish.
- Fishing Season: August through early September.
- Wildlife Viewing: There are high numbers of wildlife in the area, including elk, mule deer, moose, bighorn sheep, wolves, black bears, and more. Add that to the off the charts fly fishing and you’re in for an amazing vacation!
- Accommodations: Depending on your preferences, lodging will vary from traditional wall tent camp to a light weight mobile horseback camp.
- This makes a great family vacation!
Fly fishing Big Creek Idaho is as good as it gets!
Big Creek is the largest tributary of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, and one of the most remote locations in the lower 48. You can fly fish or spin fish, but when you’re fishing on Big Creek, you must use single barbless hooks, and no live bait. We HIGHLY recommend fly fishing even if you’ve never done it before, the guides are happy to teach you.
Wilderness Fish Camp
Complete with mature shade trees, nearby swimming hole and mud wrestling pit for the young and the young at heart. You will enjoy sandy beaches, endless miles of hiking and horseback riding trails along Big Creek. You’ll be comfortable in roomy wall tents with cots, wood stoves and lanterns. There is also a complete cook tent with room for indoor dining if necessary.
Customize your Big Creek fly fishing adventure!
We have unlimited options for your wilderness adventure. You can fly in to the backcountry airstrip, or be picked up with horses and mules at one of several trailheads. Stream fish, lake fish and trail ride. Base out of Fish Camp or enjoy a mobile camp. If you’re a hunter, make it a cast-and-blast trip for black bear, wolves or chukar. Travel to high country or stay down near the water. You can customize your length of stay. Contact us to create an itinerary that suits you and we can provide you with a price for your custom trip.
Cutthroat Trout, Trout