Croatia Dalmatian Sheep Hunt
Dalmatian sheep hunting in Croatia with one of our best European outfitters
- This is a free range hunt on the 2,500 acre private Mediterranean Island of Plavnik.
- September through January
- Guiding is 1×1, they are very professional game managers and very knowledgeable hunters. Communication is not an issue as your guides will speak perfect English.
- This is a spot-and-stalk hunt. Tree stands are also available if you wish to use them.
- Success rate is over 90% success with a 100% opportunity rate.
- Trophy quality is excellent to good.
- Sheep from the Mediterranean Island of Plavnik are recognized by SCI.
- If you are in fairly good shape, you won’t have a problem hunting in Croatia.
- You will stay in a lodge that was built in 1577! It is clean and comfortable. You will eat local food, beer and wine.
- Croatia is among the rare countries that can boast of having a tradition of organized hunting more than 120 years old.
Dalmatian sheep are native to the Dalmation Islands off the Croatian coast. For centuries they were used domestically by peasants, but in the 18th Century, most of the people left the islands to find jobs on the mainland. Since that time these sheep have gone back to the wild and are extremely wary. Currently scientists only recognize the islands of Dugi Otok and Otok Plavnic (this island) as having pure Dalmatian Wild Sheep populations. SCI follows the scientific ruling when accepting entries for this OVIS species. *From SCI Online Record Book.
People don’t know what they are missing out on. Just because Kyrgyzstan end in “stan” doesn’t mean you wont make it back alive. An unbelievable experience of a lifetime!
I couldn’t believe in less than seven days I had harvested a dall sheep and a grizzly bear, it was a trip of a life time! I cant say enough about how impressed I was with this Outfitter. From the knowledge of the outdoors to how my made my time in camp with him very memorable.
I’ve been on a lot of hunts over the past years, and can honestly say this was one of my best trips to date! With animals in every direction, the hardest decision was figuring out which Goat we were going after. That is a true rarity these days. I can’t wait to go back to hunt with this outfit!
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.