Bear Hunting Washington
Washington Bear Hunts
Trophy spot-and-stalk Washington bear hunts on the Olympic Peninsula.
This hunt is just across the border from Vancouver Island which is world famous for trophy black bears. Washington has the highest bear population in the lower 48, and these Washington bear hunts on the Olympic Peninsula give our hunters a great chance at a trophy coastal black bear. Washington also offers two bear tags per hunter, which makes these hunts even more attractive.
If spot-and-stalk trophy black bear hunting is what you are looking for, this may be the one for you. You will be glassing a clear cut, and most times you hear the bears before you see them come out of the thick rainforest. With virtually zero hunting pressure, this outfitter targets bears that will square larger than six feet.
- Hunting season starts early in August and goes through October.
- These are spot-and-stalk Washington bear hunts. You will glass pre-scouted clear cuts and berry fields early in the morning and in the evening. Stopping for a lunch break at mid-day. Sometimes, calling can be effective as well.
- 80% success rate over the past few years.
- 95% of their hunters have an opportunity at a bear.
- You can expect prime-pelted bears, and big ones are the norm. Bears squaring seven feet and over are fairly common now that hound hunting and bear baiting was banned years ago.
- This outfitter is a long-range shooting enthusiast, so this is a great hunt if that interests you.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy hunt bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
Overall the trip was great. Bear hunting was great, and a little fishing as a bonus. Harvested a nice bear.
The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot 3 Bears in one night. One Brown and two Black Bears. I then shot a third Black Bear on the last night.
Hunting with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best bear hunt for your budget and goals.
The outfitter has an intimate knowledge of the area, and keeps tabs on the big bears that are hitting the clear cuts. I hunted bears here in August of 2015. While I didn’t get a huge bear, my friend Brandon got one that was well over six feet. This is a fun hunt.”
–Cory Glauner | Founder of Outdoors International