Washington Bear Hunts
In Washington, you can expect prime-pelted bears, and big ones are the norm.
Bear hunting Washington provides some of the best opportunity for trophy bear hunting in the country. The use of hounds or bait have been illegal for years now, and these bears have gone unpressured and get big!
Washington has some incredible bear hunting!
- Black bear population density in parts of Washington state rival the population densities found in Southeast Alaska and British Columbia.
- Little hunting pressure when compared to some of the other states, due mostly to the fact that Washington does not allow baiting or hound hunting.
- As in Alberta and British Columbia, you can take two bears in Washington.
Our Washington outfitters have an intimate knowledge of the area, and scout year-round to keep tabs on the big boars hitting the clear cuts.
WASHINGTON BLACK BEAR HUNTS:
Fall Spot-and-Stalk Hunts
Trophy spot-and-stalk Washington bear hunts on the Olympic Peninsula.
This hunt is just across the border from Vancouver Island which is world famous for trophy black bears. Washington has the highest bear population in the lower 48, and these Washington bear hunts on the Olympic Peninsula give our hunters a great chance at a trophy coastal black bear.
Washington also offers two bear tags per hunter, which makes these hunts even more attractive.
Hunting season starts early in August and goes through October.
- These are spot-and-stalk Washington bear hunts. You will glass pre-scouted clear cuts and berry fields early in the morning and in the evening. Stopping for a lunch break at mid-day. Sometimes, calling can be effective as well.
- 80% success rate over the past few years.
- 95% of their hunters have an opportunity at a bear.
- You can expect prime-pelted bears, and big ones are the norm.
- Bears squaring seven feet and over are fairly common now that hound hunting and bear baiting was banned years ago.
- This outfitter is a long-range shooting enthusiast, so this is a great hunt if that interests you.
Spot and Stalk Hunt
If spot-and-stalk trophy black bear hunting is what you are looking for, this may be the one for you. You will be glassing a clear cut, and most times you hear the bears before you see them come out of the thick rainforest. With virtually zero hunting pressure, this outfitter targets bears that will square larger than six feet.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
We had a wonderful bear hunt beginning with the guide picking us up at the airport. We made a short trip to the dock and took the boat to the base camp about 45 minutes across the inlets. The first day was very eventful with sighting two black bears and stalking both. After two stalks we were within 31 yards and I took my shot. The rest of the week was spent sightseeing British Columbia, fishing, crabbing and picking up oysters for dinner.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy black bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.