We think this is the best Alaska steelhead fly fishing guide. They deliver for our clients year after year…and if you’re a steelhead fisherman, you know that’s a tall task. Alaska is one of the top sport angling destinations in the world due to its salmon, halibut, and trout fishing opportunities. The vast landmass of Alaska is scattered with rivers, lakes and streams that offer unparalleled fishing.
This is one of the best Alaska steelhead fly fishing trips anywhere.
Alaska has high numbers of fish, and this area of the Kenai peninsula has extremely low steelhead fishing pressure. The premier steelhead fly fishing destination in the world for anglers of all abilities.
- Difficulty: First time fly fisherman to very experienced single-hand and two-handed anglers will enjoy this trip. Swinging can be done effectively with a single-handed rod, although we do prefer to swing with switch rods using smaller sinking tips or weighted flies. To put fish in the net, nymph rigs are the preferred method.
- Fall Season: September 14 – November 1
- Fish Three Different Rivers: The fishing takes place on three main rivers (which will remain unnamed), all located on the Kenai Peninsula. One of the rivers is glacial fed from a lake, so it can’t be blown out, which is always a concern when booking any steelhead fishing trip.
- Species: Steelhead (of course!); Silver Salmon; Dolly Varden; and Rainbow Trout. *Although we practice catch and release for Steelhead, Dollies and Rainbows, many of our clients choose to keep the Silver Salmon they catch to be processed and shipped home.
- The Fishing Lodge: The lodge and cabins are only 15 to 30 minutes to good steelhead fishing.the take out where you will meet your guide.
- Catch Processing: If you catch a silver salmon that is fresh and want to keep it, we have a nearby company that will process it for you. Fish boxes for airline travel come in 25 lb boxes and we can add in halibut, crab etc if you want at an additional market price.
- Add a day or two of Heli-Fishing to your trip!
The main Alaska steelhead fly fishing lodge and four guest cabins overlook Kachemak Bay. Not only that, you can see Cook Inlet, glaciers, and the famed active volcanoes Mt. Redoubt and Mt. Iliamna. You’ll enjoy jaw dropping views and fine dining during your stay at this 5 star fishing lodge.
This trip offers anglers the opportunity to fish three very different rivers for fall run steelhead.
What are the names of those rivers you say? Well, you’re not going to find that out until you go see them for yourself! What we will say is that one river boasts the largest steelhead run on the Peninsula. These rivers are highly coveted by local anglers and guides. We intend to keep them as pristine and special as possible.
The three rivers are all very diverse and offer different angling opportunities on each.
Two of these rivers provide exceptional walk and wade Alaska steelhead fly fishing. The third river boasts the largest run of steelhead on the peninsula. It’s much larger and fished from drift boat along with wading the many gravel bars and runs. We can not say the name of this river in order to protect the fishery and keep it as pristine as possible can not blow out!
The fear of many steelhead anglers when planning a trip is the possibility of heavy rains. There’s nothing worse than having the river blow out while on your trip of a lifetime. This does not happen here!
Are you interested in booking this fishing trip?
We think this is the best Alaska steelhead fly fishing trip available. Get ready for an unmatched experience fishing for truly wild Steelhead.Get Pricing and More Information
Reference Trip #OI-ASC1