From County fairs, to hiking and spelunking, to outdoor concerts, Iowa comes alive in the summer and fall. The Iowa outdoors offer more than most people think, it’s full of great fishing, must-see attractions, superb hunting and a ton of great outdoor adventures.
The Best Outdoor Destinations in Iowa for Families:
Known for its landscape of rolling plains and cornfields, Iowa is a Midwestern state that is nestled between the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. If you want to discover things to do in Iowa, we can help you choose the best things to do in the Hawkeye State.
- Explore German Heritage at Amana Colonies
- Visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium
- Grotto of the Redemption
- Hike Pikes Peak State Park
- Effigy Mounds National Monument
- Hitchcock Nature Center and the Loess Hills
- Ledges State Park
- Maquoketa Caves State Park
- Boone and Scenic Valley Railroad
- Pella Tulip Time Festival
- Lacey-Keosauqua State Park
- Wildcat Den State Park
- Riverboat Twilight
- High Trestle Trail
- Sundown Mountain
- Madison County Covered Bridges
- The Scenic Drive Festival
Discover why thousands of people have trusted us with their adventures.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Please be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.