Banteng Hunting Australia
Free range banteng hunting in Northern Territory Australia.
Since their introduction into Australia in 1849, the population has not strayed far from its initial point of domesticated life; all currently live within the Garig Gunak Barlu National Park. As of 2007, the initial population had grown from only 20 in 1849 to 8,000-10,000 and is used exclusively for sport hunting and by Aboriginal subsistence hunters. This is one of the pure and genuine hunts that you will remember for a lifetime. Banteng hunting in Australia is as much about the hunt as it is about the trophy, and it is a great combination with water buffalo.
Banteng hunting is ONLY available in Australia!
- LOCATION – Northern Territory Australia. The land is huge and vast, and we can arrange a chopper to look for that exclusive trophy if you like.
- TRAVEL – The outfitter will pick you up in Darwin, Australia. Most of our hunters book a motel to relax after the flight and we pick up the next morning.
- WEAPON – It doesn’t matter what you want to hunt with, rifle, bow, muzzleloader, and pistol hunters are all welcome.
- SPECIES – Water buffalo, banteng, scrub bulls, wild boars, wild dogs, feral brumbies and donkeys.
- TROPHY QUALITY – This is a free range Australia banteng with gold medal class animals taken regularly.
Make it a Water Buffalo, Banteng Combo Hunt
Typically, you’ll start this hunt at the water buffalo camp, then move. The banteng hunting camp is about a seven hour drive from Darwin. If you wish we can organize air charter to this camp. You’ll usually need about three hunting days for hunting a trophy banteng bull this area. Once you’re done, you can also add a banteng cow and a Sambar stag on a trophy fee basis.
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.
Cindy and I had a wonderful time on our trip to Australia. They were excellent hosts and we truly enjoyed the hunting free range for Red Stag, Fallow Deer, Rusa Deer and also water buffalo. We chose free range over estate hunts in order to see more country and hunt more like our native Montana.
In addition to the excellent hunting experiences, the outfitter helped arrange for a stay on the coast, deep sea fishing, and a few days in Brisbane. Would highly recommend a trip to Australia.
I’ve seen and taken some massive animals in both hunting styles in great locations using both my own and Peter’s good quality rifles with good success. Animals of different sizes and species have been available for any budget I’ve had.