- Stag- Male Red Deer
- Hind- Female Red Deer
- Calf/Fawn- young Red Deer
- ‘Roar’- Dominate call of a stag, also used to refer to the rut/breeding season
- SCI- Safari Club International
- SCI Score- The SCI measuring system, used by most International outfitters and the basis for ‘medal’ scoring. The medal system is a moving scale based on averages in the record book, so what was a ‘gold medal’ 10 years ago, may only be a ‘silver medal’ now. SCI has both free range and ‘estate’ record books. SCI does not include an outside spread measurement, but Douglas Score does, there is also no ‘non-typical’ score for Red Stag (which is rather odd).
- Douglas Score- The South Pacific scoring system, used only for free range animals and based heavily on symmetry.
- Royal- A 6×6 or 12 point stag is often referred to as a royal.
Red Deer Hunts offered by Outdoors International
Discover why thousands of people have trusted us with their adventures.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Please be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.