You can feel confident about booking your dream trip with us because all OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL Outfitters are thoroughly vetted to the best of our ability. This means that the outfitter has gone through a thorough background check and has also been vetted by an OI Staff Member and given a passing rating. Outdoors International reviews and outfitter trip reports by our clients are taken very seriously.
Our Outfitter Vetting/Rating Process
- Must Provide Quality Service: Number and quality of game seen, or fish caught on the trip; guide competence; knowledge of the area and the laws; adequate lodging and accommodations; quality of food; transportation to and from the airport and during the trip; safety; communication prior to, during and after hunting or fishing with the outfitter as well as their personality, etc.
- Must have a Proven Track Record and Pass a Background Check: We try our best to thoroughly vet our outfitters for any crimes, game violations, bad reviews from clients, etc. We must also book trips with the outfitter for a minimum of two years before they are featured in our marketing efforts.
- Positive Reviews from Clients Must be the Norm:
- If there are complaints from our clients, they must be handled quickly and professionally by the outfitter.
- If an outfitter receives what we consider too many complaints they lose their Featured status, and are often removed from our directory completely.
Client Trip Reports and Outdoors International Reviews
As hard as we try, sometimes a trip doesn’t go according to plan.
No matter how well we try to only provide quality service to our clients, sometimes things don’t go according to plan. You can get weathered out and miss a flight, we’ve had outfitters die prior to the trip, you could break your leg days before you trip…the list goes on and on. Life gets in the way, so PLEASE GET TRIP INSURANCE!
We ask every client to submit a report after their trip, and we post them all here – warts and all. Unless we are specifically asked not to.