Banteng hunting in Australia on wild, free ranging herds is conducted up on the Cobourg Peninsula, in the Northern Territories of Australia. This is one of the pure and genuine hunts that you will remember for a lifetime. Banteng hunting in Australia is as much about the hunt as it is about the trophy, and it is a great combination with water buffalo.
Make it a Water Buffalo, Banteng Combo Hunt
Typically, you’ll start this hunt at the water buffalo camp, then move. The banteng hunting camp is about a seven hour drive from Darwin. If you wish we can organize air charter to this camp. You’ll usually need about three hunting days for hunting a trophy banteng bull this area. Once you’re done, you can also add a banteng cow and a Sambar stag on a trophy fee basis.
Lodging and Accommodations
Our camps are remote, but offer all services. Include men and ladies hot showers and flush toilets. Safari tents are all equip with power, lights, quality beds and linen, cupboard, table and chair and all screened. Camps are all generator powered and well lighted. We have laundry services. Camp kitchen and dining and bar area is all hard stand with very comfortable seating. Buffalo camp has land line phone connection, plus satellite phone [pay as you use], and Banteng camp we can get cell phone service. Accommodation can be upgraded to luxury for the discerning client as we use choppers for transfers.
- We supply all meals, snacks, drinks, beer and wine. Three meals per day plus snacks.
- Breakfast is a hot cooked meal or cereal , toast and fruit. Lunches are made and packed, wraps ,salads, cold meat, fruit etc. Healthy snacks through out the day also.
- Our dinner menu varies, Beef, fish, chicken, pasta etc. We cater to all food allergy and ask all clients what they prefer.
- All guides are experienced and licensed to the corporate hunting license.
- We usually supply one guide per hunter, so if two hunters we have two guides.
- Clients do not have to pack out meat or trophy’s. The guides do it all, but a help is always greatly accepted. We usually hunt 1×1 and 2×2.
- Hunting transport is 4×4 land cruisers and Yamaha atv.
Typical Daily Schedule
Once we arrive at camp, unpack settle in, get to know everyone and have some nice food, snacks and refreshing drinks. You may wish to sight the rifle or bow in that afternoon before the hunt in the morning.
Hunt days consist of up before daylight, we have a great breakfast selection, then your lunches, cold drinks and hunting trucks are packed ready. The days can be long and dusty. Most of the hunting is spot and stalk, or from tree stands and hides on swamps for bow hunters. Lunch is always at a good waterhole for a rest or maybe a spot of fishing. We hunt plenty of pigs throughout the day as we keep looking for that big buff trophy, scrub bull or Banteng.
We usually arrive back at camp just after dark, we do any trophy prep and our clients have a great hot shower and relax by the open fire with a drink until dinner is served. Our banteng camp is on the coast line and fishing can be provided to break up the hunt.
There are no reviews yet.