Luckily for you though, we’ve already done all of the homework and have found who we consider to be the best Arctic outfitter in the world. Hunting out of Nunavut, Canada, he pioneered polar bear hunting in the high Arctic in 1981, and has maintained a success rate of 100% from then on!
POLAR BEAR HUNTING
You can't go wrong using our outfitter in the Arctic for your polar bear hunt.
We recommend only one Polar Bear outfitter.
This hunt takes place in Nunavut, Canada, and we truly feel that you can’t go wrong booking your polar bear hunt through us.
Shopping for a bargain on an Arctic hunt is asking for trouble! “Good enough” doesn’t work on something as serious and hard to plan as a polar bear hunt. Luckily for you though, we’ve already done all of the homework and have found who we consider to be the best Arctic outfitter in the world. Hunting out of Nunavut, Canada, he pioneered hunting in the high Arctic in 1981, and has maintained a success rate of 100% from then on!
Healthy polar bear numbers have been successfully maintained through “sex-selective” harvesting in which only 33% of bears taken may be female. Since 1975, polar bear populations have actually increased slightly. The Canada Arctic is home to roughly 16,000 polar bears, two thirds of the world’s population. Government biologists keep a close eye on polar bear populations in the Canadian Arctic, and a very limited amount of licenses are issued each year.
- Spring hunts take place from March to the end of May. In the spring, there is an option for traditional hunts by dog sled teams.
- Fall hunts August to October are also available.
- Hunts includes 10 full days of polar bear hunting, guided one-on-one. If needed, up to 5 extra days may be added at a daily fee (Extra Days on Hunts in Resolute Bay Only). Custom Itineraries can be provided for each client, mapping out round-trip travel plans from their home to the area they will be hunting.
- Comfortable camps situated in prime areas that may be up to 160 kilometers from any one of our Inuit communities.
- The polar bear hunt is over when a bear is harvested, even if this happens in the first day or two.
Some polar bear hunting regulations you need to know:
- The U.S. government does not allow hunters to import polar bears. If you have a home outside of the U.S. or any connections internationally (where polar bear imports are legal), store your trophy there until the law is overturned.
- We do have a solution for non-importable bears though. We work with a taxidermist who specializes in replica polar bears, and they look good! There is understandably a hefty price tag, but depending on your situation, it may be worth it for you. Let us know if you want more information.
Also offering Muskox, caribou, grizzly bear and walrus hunts.
This outfitter also offers superior hunts for Greenland and barren-ground muskox, Central Canada barren-ground and Arctic Islands caribou, barren-ground grizzly bear, and Atlantic walrus! Contact us if you are interested in hunting any of these species. Renowned hunters such as Jim Shockey, Tom Miranda, Bob Foulkrod, and Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo have chosen this outfitter for their numerous arctic polar bear hunt.
Discover why thousands of people trust OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL with their adventures. Ask us about a hunt today.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what kind of trip you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.