Wilkinson Outdoor Adventures
Clint WilkinsonAR Trout
FISHING THE WHITE and NORFORK RIVERS
3 Days Guided Fly Fishing & 4 Nights Lodging - $2,200
Price is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy is the same price.
Numerous state and world records have come from these rivers. The management of these fisheries continues to improve each year. There is an excellent stocking program of rainbow cutthroat and brook trout. The rivers have fostered the natural production of wild brown trout. The White and Norfork Rivers offer the angling opportunity of a lifetime for both the experienced angler and the first time fly fisher.
The White River is a truly world class fishery like few others anywhere in the world. Its reputation as a brown trout fishery is well deserved, producing some monster “once in a lifetime” fish, but also holds good numbers of 19″- 24″ fish. Chasing these trophies can be an immensely rewarding challenge. The White River is also heavily stocked with 12″-14″ rainbow trout to provide consistent sport all year round on all water levels for all skill levels. Some rainbows, and cutthroat, can be still found well over 20″, truly remarkable captures.
- You will need a 3 day out-of-state licence and permit.
- Difficulty: Beginner – Advanced
- Guides: Professional Staff of 6 guides for a total of 12 fisherman
- Season(s): All Year
- Late Nov – Early March streamers and nymphing
- March – May Dry flies and nymphing
- June – September Terrestrial dries and nymphing
We are located in the heart of the Ozarks on a peaceful country road near Cotter Arkansas. Our property provides 475 feet of frontage on a river world famous for trout fishing. Our riverbank is great for fly-fishing. Via the river, we are just 8 ½ miles downstream from Bull Shoals Dam, about 2 miles down from White Hole and 3 miles up from Wildcat Shoals. The Narrows is actually within view from our bank. We are situated in a prime spot for fishing for huge brown as well as large rainbow and stockers.
Our flexible accommodations are nestled by the waters’ edge with a view of majestic bluffs and clear trout waters. We also have lots of comfortable deck space with outdoor dining options. Our lodge has three levels, each self-contained with the modern conveniences we’ve all become accustomed to, including separate central heat and air units for each floor. We have rewired the lodge to provide ceiling fans and modern lighting. Each level has a private deck, but there are two community decks available, which are down by the water. Our guests can share them or if someone wishes to use the community deck for a special event, they may do so by renting the whole lodge for the minimum stay and paying a nominal refuse fee.
- Upstairs 1-2 One bedroom, den, kitchenette, and full bath. This level has a TV with DSS, refrigerator-freezer, microwave, coffee maker, and a charcoal gill on a private covered deck
- Main Level 1-4 Two bedrooms, great-room with fire place and kitchen, and full bath
- Down stairs 1-6 Two bedrooms, den with fireplace, separate kitchen, and full bath
- We have outdoor dining available on each level with ceiling fans, lighting, and outdoor furniture. We provide charcoal and lighter, wood for the fireplaces, coffee, paper towels, soap, and a few spices as well. All you really need is your food.
- Can Rent Entire Lodge 16 people The Upstairs and Downstairs can each accommodate two extra people with the use of futons and a roll away.
- Cancellation Policy: We highly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance.
- Travel Information: Arrive the afternoon before check-in is from 3-11pm, fish 3 days, stay the 4th night and check out by 11am the following morning. Guides will communicate meeting/pick up times.
- Little Rock, AR (2:45 hours)
- Springfield, MO (2 hours)
- Memphis TN (3.5 hours)
- Harrison,AR (HRO) 45 miles
- All inclusive all tackle, flies, rods and reels
- Drinks, and lunches during fishing trip
- Outfitter pick up and drop off to boat launches/fishing locations
- Licenses or travel costs to area
- Airport shuttles available upon request with an additional fee.
Suggested Gear List
Appropriate Clothing for time of year, camera, rain gear. If you wish you can bring your own rods and reels, but there will be rods and reels provided.