Vessel Based Mountain Goat Hunt in Alaska
Hunt Mountain Goats in Alaska's Beautiful Prince William Sound
- This is a 1×1, fully guided vessel based mountain goat.
- Alaska is the only state in the U.S. with guaranteed mountain goat tags. Although this is a guaranteed “over-the-counter” tag, the mountain goat hunts in this unit are regulated by a limited quota registration so the hunter pressure is always low, which keeps the trophy quality high.
- Success rates on these goat hunts have been at 100% most years.
- Trophy mountain goats usually measure between 8.5″-10.5″ with some record book billies. These goats have hair quality that is unsurpassed anywhere in the country!
- September through October.
- Combo opportunities are available, but we recommend staying focused on mountain goats until you harvest your billy.
This vessel based mountain goat hunt out of Valdez, Alaska, takes you to some of the most incredible landscapes in the world. The coastal mountains of Prince William Sound aren’t just beautiful, but trophy quality mountain goats are plentiful. Not only lack of elevation (usually 300-4400 ft), but also the sheer number of quality billies make this hunt special. Most of our clients harvest with only one day at higher elevations, but come prepared for hunting hard.
Since this is a vessel based mountain goat hunting, you typically glass from the saltwater, then a stalk is formulated. It is rough, rugged, absolutely beautiful terrain, so we recommend you come in good shape. A 3,500′ + vertical climb is required in some situations, so physical fitness and leg / knee strength are requirements for success.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.