From snow-capped mountains to awe inspiring deserts, Nevada outdoor adventure awaits… Nevada is the driest state in the United States, but has a diverse landscape that ranges from towering mountains to low-lying basins.
We’d love to help you book a great adventure.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.
Nevada Outdoor Adventures and Vacations
If you like adventure, you can go mountain biking, paddleboarding or white-water rafting in Nevada. If you want a more chill adventure, you can even watch wild mustangs, the emblem of the American West.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in Nevada:
- Cathedral Gorge State Park
- Fly Geyser
- Great Basin National Park
- Lake Mead
- Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Springs Preserve
- Valley of Fire
Need help getting started on your next adventure? We have you covered.
Fishing in Nevada
Nevada is full of some great fishing opportunities.
Even it’s known as the driest state, Nevada has some amazing fishing! You can hook all seven fish on the IGFA Royal Trout Slam in Nevada…something that is nearly impossible to do in most states.
Top Fishing Destinations in Nevada:
- Wild Horse Reservoir
- Cave Lake
- Knott Creek Reservoir
- Truckee River
- Ruby Lake
- Lake Tahoe
- Eagle Valley Reservoir
- Echo Canyon Reservoir
- Lake Mohave
- Lake Mead
Bird Hunting in Nevada
Nevada is often overlooked by wingshooters, but it shouldn’t be.
Nevada has some strangely diverse upland bird hunting opportunities. Down in the high-desert country, you can find the Greater Sage grouse, and chase the elusive Himalayan Snow cock in the high country of Nevada’s Ruby Mountains. In Nevada, upland game bird species include blue and ruffed grouse, sage grouse, chukar and Hungarian partridge, snowcock, ring-necked pheasant, California, Gambel’s and mountain quail, and North American wild turkey. Surprisingly, Nevada has some pretty decent waterfowl hunting as well!
What you need to hunt birds in Nevada:
- Non-resident hunters need to purchase a combination (hunt & fish) annual license.
- There is the option of purchasing a single day license. You can purchase additional days.
- A Federal Duck Stamp is required for any person 16 or older who hunts any migratory waterfowl.
- Nontoxic shot is required for waterfowl hunting in Nevada, and shotguns must be plugged to limit overall shell capacity to three.
- Any person 12 years or older who plans to hunt any kind of migratory game bird including ducks, geese, swans, rails, coot, doves, snipe, or gallinules in Nevada, is required to annually obtain a Harvest Information Program (HIP) validation number and write it on their hunting license before entering the field. That number is free and is available by calling (866) 703-4605 or going to the Internet website http://www.ndowlicensing.com.
Hunting in Nevada
If you like hunting public ground, few hunters and lots of game Nevada hunting is for you.
Nevada manages it’s big game very well, and while it’s difficult to draw a tag, once you do you’re odds of finding a trophy animal are as high or higher than anywhere else. Species include: elk; mule deer; black bears; pronghorn antelope; mountain goats; mountain lions; Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep and desert bighorn sheep.
What you’ll need for hunting in Nevada:
- Hunters are required by the Nevada Wildlife Department to complete a hunter education course.
- Nevada’s big game tags are obtained by a lottery draw system for hunters over 12 years old. The first draw opens in mid-March with the application deadline in mid-April. The second drawing in June releases any remaining tags, and any other extra tags can be applied for on a first-come, first-served basis
If you need help finding some great Montana adventures, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.