Discover why thousands of people trust OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL with their adventures.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Live Like You Mean It.
LET US KNOW WHEN YOU'RE READY TO GO
Start planning today!
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what kind of trip you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Texas Outdoors Recreation, Adventure and Family Vacations
It’s true: Everything is bigger in Texas.
Texas is so big and diverse that it’s practically its own country. The Texas outdoors range from desert badlands and coastlines to lush mountains and sprawling prairies.
Top 8 Best Places to Visit in Texas
- Visit the Alamo in San Antonio
- Big Bend National Park
- South Padre Island
- Mustang Island
- Port Aransas
- Boca Chica
- San Jose Island
- Corpus Christi
Need help getting started on your next adventure? We have you covered.
Fishing in Texas
Where do you want to fish? From coastal redfishing, to farm pond bass, Texas fishing is legendary.
Best Bass Fishing in Texas:
- Caddo Lake – Largemouth Bass; Crappie; Catfish; Chain Pickerel; White and Yellow Bass; Sunfish
- Choke Canyon Reservoir – Largemouth Bass; White Bass; Catfish; Bluegill; Sunfish; Alligator Gar
- Lake Texoma – White Bass; Striped Bass; Largemouth Bass; Spotted Bass; Bluegill; Catfish; Crappie
- Lake Amistad – Largemouth Bass; Smallmouth Bass; Catfish; White Bass; Striped Bass
- Lake Fork – Largemouth Bass; Crappie; Catfish; White Bass; Sunfish
- Lake O’ The Pines – Largemouth Bass; Spotted Bass; Catfish; White Bass; Crappie; Sunfish; Chain Pickerel
- Cedar Creek Lake – Largemouth Bass; Catfish; White Bass; Hybrid Striped Bass; Crappie
Best Red Fishing in Texas:
- Port O’Connor
- Port Mansfield
Best Deep Sea Fishing in Texas:
- Port Aranas / Rockport / Corpus Christi
- South Padre Island / Port Isabel
Bird Hunting in Texas
Texas is best known for its spectacular dove hunting.
With the exception of dove hunting, Texas is often overlooked as a wingshooting destination. Upland bird hunts in Texas can be incredible with a variety of species. Texas upland birds include the American woodcock; the unique chachalaca, also known as the “Mexican Tree Pheasant”; White-winged and mourning doves; snipe; ringneck pheasant; and three species of quail – bobwhite, scaled quail and Gambel’s.
If you’re in the market for some Texas waterfowl hunting, get ready for some fast action! The Central Flyway, starting in Canada, through the Midwest, and drops right down through Texas to the Gulf of Mexico. Massive numbers of ducks and geese winter here.
Hunting in Texas
Texas is blessed with a wide variety of wildlife. From whitetail deer to African exotics, the Lone Star State is a spectacular hunting destination.
Approximately 97 percent of Texas is privately owned, and the state’s landowners long ago learned hunters are willing to pay for access to tracts with good native game, and/or exotics populations. Texas hunters face three options: hunt public land, become a member of a hunting lease or club, or use the services of a guide or outfitter, and that’s where we come in.
Big Game in Hunting in Texas:
- Mule Deer
- Pronghorn Antelope
- Desert Bighorn Sheep
- Whitetail Deer
- Rio Grande Wild Turkey
The major native big game animals in Texas are whitetail deer, mule deer, desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, collared peccary or javelina, and alligators. Texas deer hunting is great! It’s is one of the top 10 states for Boone and Crockett whitetail entries, so depending on where/how you’re hunting, trophy quality can be good to amazing.
If you’re looking for some great exotics hunting, the Texas outdoors are blessed with a huge range of non-native game animals. You can hunt almost anything from addax to zebra, but the most popular exotic species are axis deer, blackbuck, fallow deer, sika deer and aoudad.
What you’ll need to go hunting in Texas:
- You must have taken a hunter education class if you were born after September, 1 1971.
- Texas has over the counter tags and license, available online at Texas Parks and Wildlife.
With relationships with ranches all over Texas, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL can tailor a hunt to fit what you are looking for with packages that can fit any budget. If you need help finding some great Texas outdoors adventures, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.