TGTO2 – New Mexico Elk Hunts with True Grit Trophy Outfitters
New Mexico Elk Hunts on Private Ground
These hunts take place on ranches managed for trophy elk hunting. Landowner tags are included.
Generally a hunting day starts before the sun comes up with a pot of coffee and a breakfast before the pickup ride out to start glassing or get set up in a blind. Depending on the ranch and the hunting plan, lunches will be brought along to eat in the field or you may head back to the ranch house to make lunch or run into town to a restaurant for an afternoon break. Once the light is gone and elk hunting is done for the day you’ll head back to a warm room to clean up, throw on some clean clothes and you can determine with the guides if you go out to a nice dinner at a choice of good local restaurants or stay on the ranch for a good home cooked meal.
- Assistance Obtaining License from NMDGF
- Experienced, Competent, Friendly Guides
- Landowner Tags (Included in the price of the hunt)
- Hunting is on Private Ranches
- Exercising sound management practices to end up with big bulls in healthy herds
- Reference each individual ranch for Trophy Quality expectations
Cross D (Unit 34)
A 12,000 acre ranch that is relatively gentle for New Mexico elk hunting country with open meadows and dense pine/cedar country. Hunters will stay at a house on the ranch. The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), Texas.
- 300″-330″+ Harvest expectations (with chances of seeing much larger bulls)
Circle Cross (Unit 34)
10,000 acres of varying terrain that can be pretty rugged. Probably the toughest physical hunt during rifle season that this outfitter provides. Lots of sitting on water during archery season. Lodging will be a house on ranch. The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), Texas.
- 280″-300″+ Harvest expectations
Fleming (Unit 34)
At 2,500 acres this is our smallest ranch but produces 100% shot opportunity at 250-280 type bulls with a chance at 300+ bulls. Not too tough physically. Hunters will have a clean comfortable double-wide trailer on the ranch to stay at. The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), Texas.
- 280″+ Harvest expectations
Merchant (Unit 29/30)
Approximately 15,000 acres of rolling grassland hills and cedar breaks. Likely a house on the ranch will be where hunters stay on this hunt. The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), Texas.
- 280″+ Harvest expectations
Dos Rios (Unit 47)
A river cuts a canyon through a massive 95,000 acre ranch that elk move into as the summer weather begins to cool. This can be an easy or a very tough hunt depending on whether you catch the elk on top or in the canyons. Hunters will stay in a house on the ranch. You’ll fly into Albuquerque International Sunport Airport, NM (ABQ)
- 300″-330″+ Harvest expectations (with considerably bigger bulls harvested here)
- 2×1 or 1×1 guiding depending on the hunt you book
- Landowner Tag
- Assistance Obtaining License and Tags
- All Meals
- Transportation during hunt
- Field prep of trophy and meat
- Transport of meat to local processor
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
Lodging and Accomodations
- Cross D (Unit 34): Hunters will stay at a house on the ranch.
- Circle Cross (Unit 34): Lodging will be a house on ranch.
- Fleming (Unit 34): A clean comfortable double-wide trailer on the ranch to stay at.
- Merchant (Unit 29/30): A house on the ranch or a nearby cabin.
- Dos Rios (Unit 47): Staying in a house on the ranch.
Breakfast will start with a coffee, then hunters will have a choice of a typical hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes and toast or you could have a breakfast bar for those who prefer something lighter at the start of the day.
Depending on the hunting plan, sandwiches can be premade and brought along for an in-the-field lunch or you might return to your lodging for an afternoon break or you may take a short trip into town to get lunch at a local restaurant.
You’ll typically have a choice for dinners; if you spend a few nights you’ll probably enjoy a mix of both, dinner at a restaurant and some good home cooking.
You’ll be hunting with experienced, capable, friendly guides who have been guiding most of these ranches for years. This outfitter is in the process of picking up some new hunting leases and they spend a lot of time traveling and learning the new ranches and they do a lot of scouting for elk well prior to open season.
These guys thoroughly know the land, know these animals and know firearms.
- Cross D (Unit 34): The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), TX.
- Circle Cross (Unit 34): The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), TX.
- Fleming (Unit 34): The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), TX.
- Merchant (Unit 29/30): The nearest airport is El Paso International Airport (ELP), TX.
- Dos Rios (Unit 47): You’ll fly into Albuquerque International Sunport Airport (ABQ), NM
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
- Weapon commensurate with game being hunted
- Extra ammunition/arrows
- Shooting sticks/bipod or equivalent
- Lightweight packable rain gear (jacket and pants)
- Broken in waterproof boots with ankle support
- Camo clothing adequate for varying weather conditions based on season
- Quality optics
- Knives if desired
- Guides will have spotting scope and/or rangefinder but hunter is welcome to bring them
- Coolers of adequate size to transport meat home after hunt if desired
- Hunter orange is NOT required
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.