Unguided Deer Hunts on Kodiak Island #RE3
Alaska Sitka Blacktail Deer Hunt – Kodiak Island (vessel based, unguided)
These unguided deer hunts on Kodiak Island, Alaska take place from a commercial fishing vessel on the South side of the island. The Captain has hunted this area for over a decade and will put you in some of the Island’s best Sitka blacktail deer country daily. Sleep each night on bunks in a comfortable warm cabin. Home cooked meals daily are included in the hunt price. 5 full days of hunting with each hunter allowed up to three blacktail bucks. Fox, sea ducks and some limited fishing are also included.
Hunt from a comfortable commercial fishing boat with a top-notched Captain.
- Daily home cooked meals included.
- Up to 3 bucks per person per trip.
- Fox, sea ducks and fishing is available too.
- 5 full hunt days.
- Meals and lodging on vessel.
- Transportation from Kodiak into field and return to Kodiak.
- Trophy care
- Licenses and Tags
- Commercial travel to and from Kodiak, AK
- Please protect your trip with Travel Insurance
- Tips for your guide and staff.
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
Are you already an OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL client?
Contact your Consultant *Be sure to reference trip #RE3
Lodging and Accommodations
You’ll be staying on a 38 foot commercial fishing vessel with a heated, 6-man bunkhouse and shared accommodations. Including an on-board bathroom.
Enjoy hot home cooked meals including breakfast, sack lunches for field days and fresh, hot evening meals back on board. Fresh produce, bacon, eggs, fruit, seafood, soups, etc.
Typical Daily Schedule
This is a DIY hunt with NO guiding included. However, a very safe, knowledgeable boat Captain will run the transport and travel activities. You’ll be up early for hot breakfast and coffee. Then you’ll shuttle to shore by small boat or Zodiak, and hunt for the day on your own. Return pick up in the evening at your drop-off spot and back to the boat to dry out gear, relax and enjoy supper. After a good night sleep in the warm bunkhouse, you are back at it the next day exploring new country.
Fly commercially to Kodiak one day prior to your hunt.
- Transportation to boat from Kodiak is included.
- 5 hunt days on boat and return travel to Kodiak on day 6.
- Hunt dates typically Sunday to Sunday in late October and November.
Please, protect your investment with Trip Insurance.
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is partnered America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Request a Free Quote for Trip Insurance
Typical Spot-and- Stalk Hunt
*The gear list is an important subject matter and does require personal contact with the outfitter prior to departing from your home .
The following list is just a generic list that will suffice for most spot-and-stalk hunts.
- Good sleeping bag and sleeping pad (most outfitters will provide this)
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Water bottle (with filter)
- Insect repellent (100% deet) (may not be needed on late hunts)
- Stocking hat and gloves
- Top quality rain gear
- Camp shoes
- Insulated leather boots
- 1 pair insulated hunting pants
- 1 pair top and bottom insulated underwear, med-heavy weight (DO NOT BRING COTTON)
- 2-3 hunting shirts
- Heavyweight wool socks (1 pair for each day)
- Heavy coat with Gore-Tex
- Personal toiletry items
- Handheld GPS unit (outfitter may have one in camp)
- Batteries for any electrical device. Keep your batteries in something warm (like a wool sock) while you are in the field. Cold will drain them.