Unguided Elk Hunt in New Mexico
Unguided Wilderness Drop Hunt
Are you looking for an unguided New Mexico elk hunt? If so, one of our outfitters is offering an unguided trip into the New Mexico wilderness!
Their drop camps are in some of the best hunting areas in New Mexico! With camps located within easy range of your hunting area, this hunt offers the simplicity most hunters dream of. This allows you to hunt on foot from camp, eliminating the need for horses or long hikes to get into good hunting.
They will pack you and your gear into camp when you first arrive and will also pack you out of camp along with your elk. How often do you get dropped off in prime elk country! No need to go long distances to find animals because you will be right in the heart of you hunting area.
- Archery Season takes place in September and your hunt will go for a period of six days.
- Rifle and Muzzleloader season are from October 1st through December 31st. Your hunt will last for five days (add a day to both ends of your hunt for packing in and out)
- Most hunters have the opportunity to harvest mature bulls.
- This is a wilderness hunt so make sure you get yourself in the proper shape.
- This hunt is unguided, no-one will be there to help you hunt but you will be dropped off in camp.
The drop camp is set up prior to your unguided hunt. Camp consists of two wall tents, cooking and eating utensils, propane cook stove, lanterns, heaters and cots. You provide your personal gear and food. The outfitter will pack you and your gear into and out of camp, and will also pack out your elk.